Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #19
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Good stuff, thanks Bronsin....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I have an old Apple something or other that does stills and HD video which is like your cell phone camera. Its about half a megapixel. The only bad thing about cell phones as cameras is no flash and the touch screen sucks for control but I guess you can adapt. Also you want a viewfinder for action photography.

Really off the top of my head I would have spent the $99 on a used or new point and shoot instead but you may have other good ideas about it.

Oh and my Nikon D200 is 10 MP and Ive never taken a picture more than 5 MP with it. I had a 24x36 aluminum print made of one of the pictures to give my mom in the nursing home in Houston and its freakin awesome.

Megapixels don't matter. You certainly don't want massive files. 10 MP is plenty!

Ive got ten minutes of video on the ipod touch for a helicopter flight over the Camadian Rockies around Banff. Also awesome1

But I don't know how to post it.
I also have a 6MP Lumix D27. I have to wiggle the proprietary battery on the charger to get it to charge most of the time...and I wanted a longer optical zoom....and 4AA batteries (which I had in a previous Canon)....so I bought the Fuji. You're right re a huge majority of applications...it's often better to take a 5MP..or sometimes even 3MP picture. I've experienced blurrines (esp. when taking a 'sport setting' picture. I've never used the full 6MP on the Lumix. My cousin usually buys the most feature laden/highest end itsy bitsy Canon...and she has found the same thing...usually sets it at 5MP or sometimes 3 MP. With the Fuji, it has been a different story (unless the batteries are about to die ). I find that...setting it at the max...I don't get blurriness. This might also be because the card I bought to go with it is the first High Speed/Fast writing card I've purchased.

P.S. In October of last year I saw a guy at the Statue of Liberty doing all of his stills and his video with his iPad.

Last edited by nookandcrannycar; 07-22-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added P.S.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #21
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
The following pictures are in southern Utah on the way to Monument Valley. One of the formations is known as "Mexican Hat".
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #22
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Utah is pretty

[IMG][/IMG]
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:50 AM   #23
bronsin

My friend Mike who lives in Colorado says when he wants to go sightseeing he goes to Utah. Certainly the southern half of the state has some of the best scenery in the country.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #24
bronsin

These pictures are in the Monument Valley area.

Next is a dam on the Colorado River. Forget the name!
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #25
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
^^^^^ Yesterday, this road made Yahoo's '20 roads you should drive in your lifetime' list. I've driven four of them (the Overseas Highway in Florida, I-70 (in and around Utah), The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, and The Blue Ridge Parkway), and definitely plan to drive this road...to see some of these formations....at some point. The Great Ocean Road in Australia also really pops out at me on the list.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #26
bronsin

Road # One is Route 93 aka The Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper, Alberta Canada.

Get out your Rand McNally Atlas and find Route 40 a thin grey line reading "closed in winter" which is right nearby...this is shorter but even more better!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #27
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Road # One is Route 93 aka The Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper, Alberta Canada.
Great Road! I drove it in 2006. After finishing my motel stay in Canmore, I couldn't get a campsite reservation in Jasper right away (next opening was in about a week). So, I visited Calgary and Edmonton before getting to Jasper from Edmonton), rather than coming from Canmore. I can't remember how many nights I spent at the campsite in Jasper (3-4+), but one day was dedicated to driving down the Icefields Parkway to the Athabasca Glacier +++. I made it to Banff and Lake Louise while I was staying in Canmore. I took a couple of detours off the Icefields Parkway on my way south to the glacier...mostly to photograph the different falls...the roads terminating near viewing areas. On one of these roads, I was headed back to the Icefields Parkway and had to stop while bears crossed the road on their timetable (I saw an angry bear traipsing through a campground in Tuolomne Meadows (Yosemite) when I was 12....and I didn't want to see that again ).

We must be talking about a different list (Icefields Parkway #1 on YOUR list, perhaps ). The Yahoo list includes (they didn't rank them within the list): The Blue Ridge Parkway (NC and VA), the Great Ocean Road (Australia), Oberalp Pass (Switzerland), Your road through Monument Valley (), The Cabot Trail (Nova Scotia, Canada), the A82 Road (Glencoe, Scotland), the Overseas Highway (Florida), the Jebel Hafeet Mountain Road (Abu Dhabi), the Trollstigen Road (Norway), Ruta 40 (Argentina....3,000 miles..North to South...almost the length of Argentina...crosses 18 rivers and passes 20 national parks), the Hana Highway (Hawaii), North Yungas Road (Bolivia), Col de l'Iseran (France), Chapman's Peak Drive (South Africa), Rohtang Pass (India), The Atlantic Road (Norway), Interstate 70 (USA), Karakorum Highway (Pakistan and China), The Milford Road (New Zealand), and The Valley of Fire Road (Nevada).
Old 07-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #28
bronsin

Interesting list I am not up on foreign roads. If you can afford it...great! I would be stuck in NA.

In 1967 when I was 11 my family went on a camping station wagon tour of the US and Canada for eight weeks. In some campground out west about five in the morning in the dark I was trudging toward the bathroom when I saw a little black bear running through the woods with a loaf of bread in its mouth. It ran across my path about five yards ahead of me. Right behind it was the proverbial woman with a frying pan chasing it and cursing the bear out. The bear went up a tree just as fast as it ran along the ground. Then it ate all the bread and rained down pieces of it on the woman who stood under the tree yelling.

I thought it was pretty impressive the woman would chase the bear but Im gald she didn't catch it!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #29
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Interesting list I am not up on foreign roads. If you can afford it...great! I would be stuck in NA.

In 1967 when I was 11 my family went on a camping station wagon tour of the US and Canada for eight weeks. In some campground out west about five in the morning in the dark I was trudging toward the bathroom when I saw a little black bear running through the woods with a loaf of bread in its mouth. It ran across my path about five yards ahead of me. Right behind it was the proverbial woman with a frying pan chasing it and cursing the bear out. The bear went up a tree just as fast as it ran along the ground. Then it ate all the bread and rained down pieces of it on the woman who stood under the tree yelling.

I thought it was pretty impressive the woman would chase the bear but Im gald she didn't catch it!
In our case we (and most of the people at nearby campsites) retreated to our cars. The bear didn't do too much damage to campsites and eventually left.....no person brave enough to chase the bear at any time.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #30
bronsin

I left the Monument Valley, drove about another 100 miles, and stopped for the night. The next day I came to The Vermillion Cliffs which is right before the north rim of the Grand Canyon.
Attached Images