Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #163
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Noogie when you are in open loop are you still seeing the lean condition? I do not go into open loop right away it takes a little bit, even at wot but if I keep on it it goes into open loop and then I see the 11-12's on the wideband. When I am on the interstate about 80 mph and not boosting I see around stoich but as soon as I step on it and enter boost I instantly go into open loop and get good a/f readings even if I am only boosting at like 1 psi.
Yes, I believe that I am in open loop at the time. I may have to make a run tonight just to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Another question I have for you is do you have a wire on your fmu going to C20-81 I was looking at 1.4 updated wiring diagram and it does not show anything going to that location and my 1.1 shows it being rpm signal.
I can't find my wiring diagram and I can't read this image. Can you point out C20-81? I'm wired this way.

LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #164
LtNoogie

Interesting. Where did it go to on the fuel controller connector?

Here's the wiring diagram that I just pulled off their website. It looks like my V1.3 wiring diagram.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wiringdiagram.pdf (115.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #165
ae92trueno7

Drives: 2007 Yaris Supercharged
hey guys... i just got my aem wideband installed.... im getting readings at wot 11-12
and when off at wot 12.5-13.... thinking of getting some injector off an 09 tc or corrolla... the 2az-fe engine......
ae92trueno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #166
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
im jealous of your WOT readings! ahhh! I should be getting my wideband soon
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #167
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae92trueno7 View Post
hey guys... i just got my aem wideband installed.... im getting readings at wot 11-12
and when off at wot 12.5-13.... thinking of getting some injector off an 09 tc or corrolla... the 2az-fe engine......
Even if you did run bigger injectors ( i dont know why you would ), you wouldn't want the tc ones. Either matrix or corolla you would want..I think.

Just wait, Noogie is going to be running larger injectors soon and he's going to let us know how it goes.

*My gauges came in today! YEEEE. Don't know when I'll get to install them though...

Last edited by PETERPOOP; 04-15-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 AM   #168
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Even if you did run bigger injectors ( i dont know why you would ), you wouldn't want the tc ones. Either matrix or corolla you would want..I think.
why not? they worked fine for me.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:15 AM   #169
PETERPOOP

I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread or another, but it was said that the car would run worst with tc injectors. If anything, only would be good at WOT, but at idle and normal driving, TC would be too much.

If blitz doesn't offer us different fuel controllers with some success, when I get the greddy ultimate, i am going to talk to the tuner and try throw in some tc or matrix/carolla injectors with the 1zz throttle body and tune it accordingly.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #170
LtNoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
why not? they worked fine for me.
Garm, what size are the tc injectors. What AFR were you reading at idle?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #171
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread or another, but it was said that the car would run worst with tc injectors.
"it was said" isn't the same as "it is so".

I'm not sure on the size, noogie -- throw them on and see how your car runs so we can settle this. I was normal AFR at idle, 13-14. Did fine on the dyno too, except at WOT over 5k rpm
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #172
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
"it was said" isn't the same as "it is so".
true, this is true.

tC injectors seem like a big jump to go and "try" out. Might be safer going to carolla/matrix injectors , seeing how those run, and if everything is fine, maybe move up to tCs?

Go for it noogie! haha
Old 04-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #173
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
kcalb is going boosted with blitz very very soon and i know he has a set of tc injectors. im sure if he has issues he will swap out injectors and let us know the outcome.

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #174
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

if the car runs ok and there is an a/f gauge to watch, trying them out should be ok if done carefully.

I don't know how much larger the tC injectors are but they aren't huge. I am pretty sure that the Greddy turbo kit for the tC comes with 330cc injectors -- so the stock ones must be smaller than that.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #175
LtNoogie

I'm test fitting injectors from RC Engineering into the motor on Friday. It's only a fit check to make sure everything bolts down because the injectors are physically bigger than the stock ones. If they fit, I'm working with them to decide whether to install 240cc, 270cc, or 310cc injectors.

That's why I keep asking people what size injectors they are installing and whether they are having any problems at idle or under light throttle.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #176
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
FINALLY getting my gauges installed! Here's how they look in the mounting plate I made from some copper sheet--it took a little fitting but the lid to the compartment does close completely, and I get to keep the little rack on the left for car wash quarters! I'll be finishing the electrical wiring tomorrow (forgot I needed inline fuses ).

kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #177
PETERPOOP

So you plan on driving with the compartment open?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #178
kurokoma-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
So you plan on driving with the compartment open?
yes.... and closing it when I go to get my emissions test done just one reason for concealing the gauges. The open lid doesn't block the view in any way, and isn't all that visible from the outside either
Old 04-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #179
PETERPOOP

nice nice. what colors do yours light up? red?

I am putting my gauges and wiring them up tomorrow too! We should have some nice pics for people tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #180
kurokoma-kun

Yup red, though I kinda wish for blue now! Can't to see yours