Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #23
HighMilesForLife

Drives: 2008 Black Yaris sedan
Correct, I popped the 120A fusible link for the alternator. before I figured out how to get the plastic cover off, I went to the Yota dealer with a different car and spent 30 mins not being able to find the correct part # to order, and no one knew what I was reffering to even with a pic. Not sure how theyd never seen this happen before. So, I bent the link back together with a screwdriver, its pretty strong metal so everything works in the car now. Those fusible links do not look removable to me....
So my questions are now, does anyone have the exact part # for the 120A fusible link on a 2008 Yaris? And also.. how the hell does that thing come out? It looks more sensible to just solder it and leave it alone, and making sure the battery is all unhooked before I start working on things in there. Is soldering a bad idea? It's already touching, so a proper solder job should not allow for over-amperage. Thanks again guys.
HighMilesForLife is offline   Reply With Quote