Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
missmieke87

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris S
Unhappy Rear Under Bumper Spoiler

I have a 2007 Yaris S. I was recently rear ended on the freeway and had to have the rear bumper replaced. When I got it back from the repair shop, the rear under bumper spoiler was missing! I told them and they called their parts store, and they said they had no idea what they were talking about. I came home and called my local dealer parts store and they had no idea what I was talking about and I called Toyota's main line and THEY had no idea what I was talking about! I'm so frustrated! Does anyone know what this is and a part number for it so I can track one down?

I paid for a sport model car and now I have half a sport model car! Everywhere I look I can see that it is part of the standard sport package... so why does everyone think I'm going crazy? :( I just want to fix my car that I love so much.

PLEASE HELP!

This is what I want...

But this is what I have...
missmieke87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Contact your dealership and if they have a good parts department manager like mine does they should have the number for you in about 5 minutes.....that is messed up they did not put it back on.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
missmieke87

I have talked to my dealership... they don't know anything... but I will bug them again tomorrow when they open.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
I think the correct term for that specific item is called " rear skirt " from S model.

Tell them that your rear skirt from S model is not there when you got the car back, maybe they left it somewhere in the shop.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
missmieke87

Thank you so much! How did you get this information?! I've searched everywhere. I have to wait to call the dealership tomorrow because the parts section isn't open on Sundays. We'll see if it works.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
missmieke87

Who did you buy the kit from? Is it the official factory set?

Sorry for so many questions, but it's really annoying that no one knows what I'm talking about.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
I think the correct term for that specific item is called " rear skirt " from S model.

Tell them that your rear skirt from S model is not there when you got the car back, maybe they left it somewhere in the shop.

Wrong. It's actually something like the "rear under bumper spoiler". If you say skirt, they have no idea what you're talking about. They are idiots.

It's going to be big bucks if you want the OEM lip kit from toyota.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
It's actually something like the "rear under bumper spoiler".
Thanks.

Strange though that http://www.toyota.com/yaris/features.html?trim=1431#

lists it as: "Color-keyed front and rear under-bumper spoilers, side rocker panels and unique 'S' badge."

Oh wells.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
PETERPOOP

How much did you pay for your OEM lip kit?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #10
PETERPOOP

Shnikey. Didn't think the front lip would be that cheap. Those sideskirts are out of control.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #11
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Sounds like you need to call the BBB, it will straighten them right up
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
missmieke87

I just got off the phone with the repair shop I have been working with. I gave them the part number and they called Toyota to confirm they had this part. They have to order it from the manufacturer, but they said it would be here in about 2 or 3 days! Awesome! I hope that they can get it put on quickly. They'll have to paint it, but I'm hoping they can do it over Spring break, so that I don't have to rely on it for getting to school. I really don't want to deal with the car rental people again.

thanks everyone for your help. I will let you know how it goes and maybe post some pictures.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #13
missmieke87

Well my car is better than ever! Thanks so much for everyone's help. The right part was ordered and I just got it back from the shop and it looks great! I'm very happy. I even had my muffler replaced entirely because it was rattling against the frame and making awful noises. I love insurance.

To celebrate, I took some advice from other threads and clayed my car and waxed it. It's a sharp looking car now. I just need to get the factory spoiler for the trunk top put on when I have the money and my car should be complete. I don't want to pimp it out too much... It's still my sporty yet girly car.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
Not to hijack this thread but does anyone have the part numbers for the 09+ S lip kit for LB, dealers all act like baboons when you call
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote