Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2016, 03:29 AM   #1
Sarvesh

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
Automatic headlight kit installation

Hi guys,
I recently purchased an automatic headlight kit for my 2012 yaris sedan. I need to figure out which of these are parking light wires, headlight wires, on wire, and 12V wire and battery ground wire.
Attached Images

Sarvesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:27 AM   #2
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
I'm curious as to what automation a headlight needs,
Old 01-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
Possibly a feature to switch them on via a sensor when it's dark enough.
I have it on my Yaris, standard from factory, but never use it. I'll decide when to switch my lights on thank you.
I did hear a BMW advertisement recently crowing about auto dipping headlights on one of their models, doubt it's that though. That surely is a recipe for annoying other drivers if they don't dip soon enough (is there a manual override?) and how would they know if you were approaching anther vehicle from behind?
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Perhaps an automatic on after ignition and off with ignition making the switch obsolete. Some would argue that the headlight switch should be a thing of the past. I tend to agree.
People driving into the night or during storms without taillights illuminated is very dangerous. This is common in Canada where we have daytime running lights providing partial front lighting only.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvesh View Post
Hi guys,
I recently purchased an automatic headlight kit for my 2012 yaris sedan. I need to figure out which of these are parking light wires, headlight wires, on wire, and 12V wire and battery ground wire.
The light blue large wire is the low beam headlight (ground that wire to turn them on).

The pink large wire is the high beam headlight (ground that wire to turn them on).

The green wire is the parking light wire (supply +12V to turn them on)

The white wire is an always on +12V that supplies power to the green wire via the headlight switch.

For an ignition switched power wire you have to look at the ignition switch connector - The pink wire on it is +12V switched power.

The white/black stripe wires are grounds
Old 01-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #6
Sarvesh

Automatic headlight kit

Thanks a lot dear this has been really helpful.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #7
Sarvesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The light blue large wire is the low beam headlight (ground that wire to turn them on).

The pink large wire is the high beam headlight (ground that wire to turn them on).

The green wire is the parking light wire (supply +12V to turn them on)

The white wire is an always on +12V that supplies power to the green wire via the headlight switch.

For an ignition switched power wire you have to look at the ignition switch connector - The pink wire on it is +12V switched power.

The white/black stripe wires are grounds
CTScott...I wired the system accordingly, however when I switch full beam it doesn't work. Likewise the system says it should switch off for 5 seconds when the car is started to avoid battery drain but it's actually starting the car with the headlight on when I turn the key. Could you please help.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvesh View Post
CTScott...I wired the system accordingly, however when I switch full beam it doesn't work. Likewise the system says it should switch off for 5 seconds when the car is started to avoid battery drain but it's actually starting the car with the headlight on when I turn the key. Could you please help.
Can you post the installation instructions? It sounds like either something is wired incorrectly or the unit is bad.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:02 AM   #9
Sarvesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Can you post the installation instructions? It sounds like either something is wired incorrectly or the unit is bad.
Sure here it is
Attached Images