Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Dylan Yap

Drives: Toyota Vios
Hello guys i am back

Hi guys

I was busy with work for the past years, focusing my business in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Japan. thus didnt log into yarisworld for a long long. As business is stable now... got more free time.

I was intro into this forum by cleong as i used to drive a 1NZ-FE powered Toyota Vios NCP42.

Cheers
Dylan
Dylan Yap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
SailDesign

Drives: .
Welcome back. Been a while, indeed.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Dylan Yap

Drives: Toyota Vios
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Welcome back. Been a while, indeed.
thanks
Dylan Yap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
spann1

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
Yaris ABS fix

My 2007 Yaris has 41,000km (my kids drive it between University and Home) and I have had zero problems with this vehicle until last week when I brought it in for the twice yearly oil change.The very next day the ABS light came on!

I googled and found this site and after reading all the Yaris ABS issues with sensors I went back to my local Toyota dealer and had the car hooked to the computerfor $59.88+ tax, and Toyota reported the following:

cause: retrieved codes C0210 and C0215 speed sensor malfunctions.

correction: requires both rear speed sensors. $827.00 + tax.

I told the service advisor, I should not be responsible to pay this amount for a known technical fault especially since there is a Toyota Technical Service Bulletin from June 27th 2008 and secondly was not very happy that as a Yaris Owner was not even advised that there was a problem with the ABS sensors.

The Service Advisor agrred to contact Toyota Canada for a possible "Good Will Jesture" on the repair costs.

Toyota Canada agreed to pay 60% of estimated costs, my local Toyota dealer said since I serviced the vehicle always at the dealer, the low mileage & age of vehicle, they would also kick in 20% so I am left paying 20% for the fix.

Not exactly satisfied that this is free but I am happy to have this resolved
for $165.40 versus $827.00!

The car is being repaired in next few days.

Thanks to all the Yaris owners who made this information known.

Other than the ABS sensor this is a very reliable car, the best I have ever owned.

P.S. The car will still brake without the ABS just will not have the ABS function, some owners I read would not drive the car until fixed, I found that really funny.
spann1 is offline   Reply With Quote