Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Aww, sorry to hear that. I wouldn't call it stuck because they are some beautiful seats compared to the stock seats. I have a set of stock seats without sensors I'd be willing to let go of, if you really wanted to go that route. Dirty solution that wouldn't enable the airbag for safety is to remove the bulb on that light!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
hayrider

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Aww, sorry to hear that. I wouldn't call it stuck because they are some beautiful seats compared to the stock seats. I have a set of stock seats without sensors I'd be willing to let go of, if you really wanted to go that route. Dirty solution that wouldn't enable the airbag for safety is to remove the bulb on that light!
Hmmm...
Now I don’t know if this is true but I just read if the dash airbag light is on the complete system will not work⁉️

*Edit* I finally got in contact with a retired Toyota engineer. He confirmed that if the airbag light is on the Complete System Will NOT Work❗️

He then explain why but, his explanation got way over this dumb $h!ts head.

Last edited by hayrider; 06-22-2020 at 09:05 PM.
hayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:59 PM   #3
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayrider View Post
Hmmm...
Now I don’t know if this is true but I just read if the dash airbag light is on the complete system will not work⁉️

*Edit* I finally got in contact with a retired Toyota engineer. He confirmed that if the airbag light is on the Complete System Will NOT Work❗️

He then explain why but, his explanation got way over this dumb $h!ts head.
Yeah, I think that's how it goes. Really unfortunate that CT isn't making and selling the bypass modules anymore. I believe I've seen similar units on eBay, but just not sure I'd trust them from a performance and reliability perspective the way I trust CT's

On Wheelwell
Old 07-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #4
hayrider

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Yeah, I think that's how it goes. Really unfortunate that CT isn't making and selling the bypass modules anymore. I believe I've seen similar units on eBay, but just not sure I'd trust them from a performance and reliability perspective the way I trust CT's
I think I found away to make it work?
I was told to pull the passenger airbag weight sensor from the stock seats and see if it will fit in the 86 seats after I remove the system from the 86 seats.
Sadly I don’t think CT is selling his anymore because he doesn’t want to be SUED! I can’t see why he wouldn’t have time especially after the amount of cash I offered to pay him! Sad he’s worried about shit like that! But I guess he is worried‼️

hayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #5
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayrider View Post
I think I found away to make it work?
I was told to pull the passenger airbag weight sensor from the stock seats and see if it will fit in the 86 seats after I remove the system from the 86 seats...
I know Toyota used the same module in a variety of models, which is why CT's bypass worked in a number of different Toyota's. If the 86 seats have a weight sensor, the fix you describe just might work. Definitely worth a try. Good luck!

On Wheelwell