Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
lowercase_dave

Drives: yaris
ebay vs car auction?

hey guys

wanting to buy a second hand yaris.....i know it sucks but i can't afford a new one at the moment :(

have read previous post where you guys were saying ebay is the way to go. but have checked out some auction places (pickles) and seen some yaris listed there.

do you reckon it could be a better deal than ebay?

would most appreciate your yaris wisdom.
cheers
lowercase_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
lowercase_dave

Drives: yaris
btw....this was the one i was checking out. looks pretty sweet but goes under the hammer tomorrow morning so i know im too late for it. next time maybe?

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehic...otid-103110864
lowercase_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
well, you can try either... Do you have a finance option figured out...
You can always buy things on instalments. I bought my yaris on installments and pay 350 a month which is not much when I am working full time.

Now I dont know what options you have, but if you are going to take a loan anywayz, I guess spending more wont be too much trouble because you can pay it over a long period of time.

On the contrary, if you are paying by cash, I would say go to an auction.. .they have nice cars... I dont trust ebay for anything more than a thousand dollars... I know that when talking about cars, you can always go and check it out.. but still :grin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
leasaunce

Drives: Toyota Yaris
most auctions, they get their car from reputable dealers. so most of them are reliable. Just like everything you buy, check and double check everything. IF i was in your position, i would go to toyota and test drive the yaris first, get a feel of the car. then if you like it, go to pickles.

goodluck with the buy :)
leasaunce is offline   Reply With Quote