Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #37
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
i got a great deal on the skirts, so i'm going to have to just settle for now :)

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #38
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by m911gt View Post
idk what the difference in length would be, but yes, there will be a difference in length and fit.
I think the Length of 3dr and 5dr side skirts is the same.

But if you bought a 3dr side skirt you can't fit it on the 5dr as the trim on the end would be different.

But a 5dr side skirt would fit a 3dr model, as you don't have the two back doors so it wouldn't hit into anything. I guess.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #39
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
so the distance between the wheel wells is exactly the same regardless of trim? that's convenient!

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #40
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by m911gt View Post
so the distance between the wheel wells is exactly the same regardless of trim? that's convenient!
I might be wrong. But should be correct, since cali yaris said in a thread awhile ago that the overall length of either side skirts are the same. I made a thread awhile ago about this.

Hopefully the info the correct because im probably ordering some RS side skirts soon and their from thailand and they are meant for the 5door version....if not i'm gonna be in some some trouble lol

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #41
ruimond

Got some photos from the shop im getting it from, haven't ordered them yet. Just wanted some photos to check if they were the same RS Side skirts.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #42
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
I think those do look like the USDM OEM RS side skirt.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #43
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
I think those do look like the USDM OEM RS side skirt.
Yeh they are meant to be...i checked a few photos before to compare. Haha. The ones the photo they sent look painted. Be lucky if they sent me coloured matched painted ones already, doubt it though.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:32 AM   #44
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
Yeh they are meant to be...i checked a few photos before to compare. Haha. The ones the photo they sent look painted. Be lucky if they sent me coloured matched painted ones already, doubt it though.
What was the price on those.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:46 AM   #45
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
they look nice...
I am trying to save for the kavint zindrella kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:03 AM   #46
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
What was the price on those.
about $500AUD shipped by air or 12500 baht. Im getting the RS spoiler too, so waiting on prices of that and a new total.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #47
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
Yeah, Ruimond share the loveee.. LOL

Did you say they were OEM?

Oh and not to mention if they do fit the 3-doors. =P

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:30 AM   #48
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookz View Post
Yeah, Ruimond share the loveee.. LOL

Did you say they were OEM?

Oh and not to mention if they do fit the 3-doors. =P
Haha.

Umm they are, ABS (Plastic) Copies. They are made for the 5door. But should be able to fit it, as the length is meant to be the same so i've been told a few times.

I was thinking with the RS Spoiler, because i have stripes....obviously the spoiler would not have them at the back rear. Don't know if this would look weird or not, so i might or might not be putting it on. Unless i remove the stripes, but i dunno if i really want to do that as of now. lol.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #49
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
You should consider continuing your stripes onto your spoiler, and ending it where it meets the rear glass. Leaving your boot lid and bumper clean.

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #50
katsudon

Drives: Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to katsudon
ooooo give me more info about this shop? really really interested!
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:46 AM   #51
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
Nice mate.... this looks to be getting interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #52
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Those skirts look awesome Matt.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #53
ruimond

The wait begins for me...mmm counting down the days. It was shipped from Thailand yesturday morning.

Sent you a PM katsudon.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #54
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
The wait begins for me...mmm counting down the days. It was shipped from Thailand yesturday morning.

Sent you a PM katsudon.
Do they have a websight for ordering
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote