Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Great Lakes
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-31-2009, 10:10 PM   #55
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
yea, I'm on the west side.. my friend wants to come too (he's a Saturn guy, buy we can look past that lol) so I'll have to figure out where/when to pick him up before heading out...
hey it's cool anybody who wants to come can!! I don't care at least the more the merrier I always say. Heck even if your following this thread but not saying anything and wanna come on out.........come on out!! GT and I won't bite.............err.............I won't at least I'll be there early 9:45 at least...pending on some factors

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:40 AM   #56
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Since we are all in agreement on the times and locations I will edit my first post to include the day and times and location in case other people find this thread a couple days before the meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat
yea, I'm on the west side.. my friend wants to come too (he's a Saturn guy, buy we can look past that lol) so I'll have to figure out where/when to pick him up before heading out...
He's good dude, I don't even own a Yaris myself and I've been trolling here for a year or two
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #57
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
anybody down for a convoy from west-side of indy to dayton? kac, are you taking 70 or 74 to get to indy? cntrlaltdefeat, you're pretty close to 70 right? i can get to either highway pretty easily from my house. just a thought, but not mandatory
I'm down... and I haven't looked at the highways yet so I don't know. I know 74 goes directly through my town so I would prolly figure to take that one...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #58
Qmobile

bump for the sheer sake of bumping

Old 08-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #59
kac

ok, I'm getting the 22nd off work, so you guys better show up for some sweet pics 'n a fun time. Anybody driving from the westerly direction: I'll be taking I-74 from Illinois so if you wanna meet up somewhere and caravan part of the way send me a PM or something so we know where and when.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #60
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Hey maybe we should put this on the general board, since this board isn't trafficked much

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 AM   #61
kac

Maybe we should...

Greenthunder, you wanna do that?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #62
Greenthunder

I am on the job!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #63
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthunder View Post
UPDATE:

We are meeting on the 22nd day of the month of August in Dayton Ohio. The current plan is to meet up at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum at approximately 10:00am to 10:30am. We are going on a tour of the museum and afterwards crusing over to Sbarros pizza that is about 12 miles away. Afterwards we're going to look for a parking lot at Wright State University to have a quick photoshoot. We will probably be done around 3:00pm

If anyone has any questions just pm me. More people are welcome to join us.

Members Confirmed:
1. Greenthunder
2. CtrlAltDefeat
3. CtrlAltDefeat's friend
4. kac
5. Toad
6. Qmobile
The question I have is what street address you would put into a Garmin Navigation system to get there. A Internet search suggest 1100 Spaatz St., Dayton OH. A sky view shows 3 parking lots near this address.

Plus what is the street address of Sbarros? Internet search suggests 2727 N. Fairfield Rd., Dayton OH. Sky view shows the middle of a road near the Mall at Fairfield Commons.

Support Our troops, Hypermile.
ellenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #64
Greenthunder

I honestly don't know because I've never been there. My guess is that there will be signs pointing to the museum's direction once you're on the base and quite possibly when you are on the highway close to te base.

I'm also guessing that the Sbarros is most likely in that mall. Again I don't know because I've never been there but thats where I'm assuming it will be.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #65
Qmobile

yeah there's signs leading to the base, I think there mite be some on 75. 3 parking lots sounds about right to me 1 for: milltary personel, muesum personel, and visitors. I hav'nt been down there for awhile. I also looked up Sbarros and the website(www.sbarro.com) says it is in the dayton mall.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #66
kac

that all sounds pretty easy to find. Maybe Qmobile can share a phone number in some PM's when it comes time to help keep people from getting lost..
Old 08-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #67
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
The second question I have is are there any one who is planning upon going to this gathering who likes to wear perfumed products? Since I suffer from what doctors call a allergy to perfumed products, a side effect to my allergy to neurotoxic insecticides, what politically correct people call a discretionary fragrance allergy, sometimes mistaken for what doctors call multiple chemical sensitivities, I have problems with group gatherings. I hate to drive for 3 hours just to avoid the group because of someone wearing after shave or underarm deodorant (which is nothing more than perfume mixed with alcohol), or someone who wears clothing loaded with perfumed laundry products like Gain.

No comment? Well I am getting pressure from my Mom over this trip. I had a MI 18 months ago. Thanks to just in time heart stents I feel ok. But my Mom is worried about me driving a 6 hour round trip. My Mom wants me to find a co-driver. So I am still not certain that I will be coming.

Last edited by ellenbetty; 08-07-2009 at 11:05 PM.
ellenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote