Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Great Lakes
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
alch3miss

Drives: Toyota Yaris
METRO INDY YARIS OWNERS

I am here for the rest of the week, if anyone is interested in meeting up. I will be at O'reilly raceway Park on Thursday. I'm in from NY. I'd like to see what set ups or mods anyone has.
alch3miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
welcome! what's going on at o'reilly this week? my liftback is pretty mild, however, compared to BOTH your yarii(i just got springs, strut tower bar, and my GANGSTER steelies!).
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
While this has been brought up... I'll be in Indy Friday, is there anything I need to check out car-wise while I'm in town?? Like a cool shop where I might be able to pick something up or anything like that? Just wondering...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
toad

yeah, we've got like 3 or 4 autobacs......just kidding! actually, i don't think there's any 'import tuning' shops in the city! we used to have a couple near me, but they've closed and remain empty(damn economy). unless you're into autozone, advanced auto parts, or o'reillys - that's about it. the museum at the indianpolis motor speedway is pretty cool if you're bored(not sure of the hours, however).
Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
alch3miss

I recently got my SEIBON carbon fiber trunk installed here in Indianapolis. TRU Motorsports on Meridian Street right outside downtown. I do not believe they have parts and stuff on hand. From word of mouth they are great at body work, not so much into performance modifications. I'm staying in Brownsburg.

@ toad, I wanted to see what my 1/4 mile run time was. Unfortunately, today the track was prepped for slick tires only. No Yaris is too mild!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
toad

my bad, i assumed they were closed because a barber shop is now where they used to be! it's good to know they're still around! if you're still in town friday night, maybe we can get together with kac(he's staying somewhere in the area on his way to dayton saturday) and get a bite to eat or just check out each others cars? i'll shoot kac a pm!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by alch3miss View Post
I am here for the rest of the week, if anyone is interested in meeting up. I will be at O'reilly raceway Park on Thursday. I'm in from NY. I'd like to see what set ups or mods anyone has.
Then you should go to the meet in Dayton
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #8
alch3miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
my bad, i assumed they were closed because a barber shop is now where they used to be! it's good to know they're still around! if you're still in town friday night, maybe we can get together with kac(he's staying somewhere in the area on his way to dayton saturday) and get a bite to eat or just check out each others cars? i'll shoot kac a pm!
Shoot me a text 516.225.7326 Julio.. I should be around tomorrow.

@ Jumpman I would head out to Dayton but I'm already going to Chicago that day. I also hear that there is supposed to be some kind of car show here in INDY on Saturday as well.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
arunto

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
are you still in Indy?
arunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
alch3miss

Nope, I got back to NY Monday. I didnt meet with any modded Yari's. I'm usually out there a couple times a year, I'll be back next spring/summer perhaps.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Whats new up here!!!
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
toad

not much -work, work, work......that's about it. haven't done anything new to the car since the meet except for a couple washes and an oil change(pennzoil platinum full synthetic FTW!). started putting some money away for a set of wheels! hopefully, by the next meet i'll have some 'new shoes'.
jeff
Old 09-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
toad

what's new with you?