Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
Transmission Mount Replacement

Anyone have the procedure on changing on an 08 sedan? It has a little bit of play and makes sounds when I shift. Where is a good place to order parts?
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Can't comment on the procedure but can say that A&A Auto on Woodward have friendly service and great prices. I sourced my serpentine belt and brake components there.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
I do know a&a off woodward. I live close to their. There customer service is sometimes good, but I'm not a big fan. Reason being, everytime you go in and buy something off the shelves, the price is usually higher when they scan it, and they think you are lying about it. When you call, you will often be on hold till the line disconnects, and two weeks ago, they gave me the wrong wheel cylinder.

I find carquest, or hdap many times has better prices fyi. Not hating, just my experience.

I got my serpentine belt from cheap from amazon, the bando. OEM belt, the dayco I used was garbage. My brake components I bought from primechoiceautoparts, they arent bad. They use bendix pads for their ceramics, and cheaper rotors, but I found their prices better than anywhere around here
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #4
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Try a quick search on this forum or Google, there was a thread a month ago about the procedure for the tranny mount.

Very simple to do yourself. Remove battery and intake. It's directly below the battery tray. Just get a jack with a block of wood under the tranny so you can support it when you remove the mount. I believe it's either 2 14 or 17mm bolts on the frame and one attached to the tranny.

I would recommend rockauto.com for parts. The other option is parts source. Will be much more pricey but a lot of times you get a lifetime warranty which is great if you plan to run the car for a long time and do your own work.

Post back if you have any issues, I changed all 3 of my motor mounts in my echo last summer.

Tags
mounts, toyota, transmission