Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-06-2006, 11:51 PM   #1
faulkton

Drives: 1976 dodge b300 van
warranty service question

Ive never bought a new car before, but am trying to find a new yaris. Does it really matter if i get service (or warranty if needed) done at a dealership other then the one i bought it at?

I was thinking it would be better to buy from a larger dealer in a city a few hundred miles away...i figured if they move more cars they might be able to find what i want as far as color & options (black LB 5 speed w/power pkg) faster than the small local dealer. Maybe I'm just high and wont be able to get what i want without a long wait..but i figured larger dealer might be a good option.

Also does adding aftermarket stereo stuff affect the warranty? I would like to do a nice 3 way front-stage with mid-bass in kick pods and mid-range/tweets in the doors..and then sub-stage in the hatch. Probably some sort of high output alt (or rewind the stock), and stinger batteries under the hood and in the back.. 0 gauge wiring.. i like to run all class a/b amps even on subs

Would they frown on adding stuff like this?

Oh and if you already have one...take some pics of the lower doors and the kick panel area!!
thanks..
faulkton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:30 AM   #2
corey415

Drives: 95 Integra
If the car needs warranty work and it is totally unrelated to your modifications then you are fine.

So for example if you have brake problems and your only mods are audio, Toyota will have to honor the warranty and fix your brakes.
corey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Not to mention the SCCA has fought hard to make dealerships honor warranty work on modified cars.