Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
PSTOC.org

Drives: Toyota's, Scions, Lexus
Puget Sound Toyota Owners Festival 09'!

Figured it might be better seen in this section, so here's 3 updates in one :)

It's that time again! Start finishing those projects or rent that car dolly cause we want to see EVERYTHING Toyota!!!

Official Link
http://pstoc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3943

We'll see you all there!!!

Bump! Many raffle prizes keep getting donated. Lots of cool stuff!!

Pre-regestering is now open! Toy donations will be required onsite, day of, to complete regestration. Remember the toys are for underprivilaged children at christmas time and will donated to toys for tots at the NW Toy Run this year. There will be a prize for whom ever donates the most toys. There will be a scale, so no getting away with buying a ton of dollar store toys.

Be sure to register what club you want to represent as well when you send in your info.

Time for another reminder to please start pre-registering so we can have all the trophy classes and team parking figured out. You can buy raffle tickets at a cost of $1 each with no limit on how many you can buy for the raffle car at the show. You must be present to win, title will be signed over AT THE EVENT! Speaking of which here's a little teaser of what it is. We will announce what it is including pictures a few weeks prior to the event! No having to guess whats under the sheet All I can say for now is it's low mileage for the year, has a darn near indestrutable motor, is an auto, and would make for a good DD or project car. Oh and it's not a camry

Update: Ok due to paypal being a bit unreasonable we will no longer be accepting payment from them for this event. If your planning on attending Sunday please e-mail all your info to PugetSoundTOC@yahoo.com. Payment will be due day of the event and will only be $10 +Toy donation because of all this hassle. We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited by PSTOC.org; 08-25-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
PSTOC.org

Hope to see many Yarii this year!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
PSTOC.org

Ok weekly update time. Looks like we have a new sponsor. I'd like to welcome mckenziespoor (http://www.mckenziespoor.com/) He will be onsite selling some awesome clothing with his automotive inspired designs and we will be raffling off a few as well! Ok here is the list of categories as of right now. If enough people (5 or more) with a vehicle not specifically listed pre register you will get your own category as well.

Please note that if a model is seperated by a / it is a different trophy, i.e. FWD/RWD that means there will be an award for the rwd AND fwd of that model.
Scions:
xB
tC
xA/xD

Lexus:
LS/GS
IS
SC/other

Toyotas:
Corolla rwd/fwd
Celica rwd/fwd
Matrix
Camry/Avalon/Solara
Mr2
Yaris/Echo
Old School Other
New School Other
Supra 1-3/4

Trucks:
Street new/old
Off-Road new/old
Truck Other

Other Vans
Hybrid/Electric

Griots Choice
PSTOC choice
Best Paint/Graphics
Toyota Powered
Best ICE
Best JDM
Longest Travelled
Club Participation
Highest Milleage

Now on to this weeks raffle car hint and since I'm a BTTF fan I thought I'd have a little fun with it and put it in trivia form. "The year of the car is the same year Marty McFly was so desperate to get back to, in Back to the Future Part 1"
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
PSTOC.org

Ok boys and girls it's this weeks update. The big news is t-shirts. Yep thats right for the first time you can remember the event even if you didn't win anything. These are an awesome toyota inspired design by our friend and sponsor Mckenzie Spoor.

Now to the part everyone has been waiting for, this weeks raffle car hint. Hopefully next week it'll be ready for the big unveiling. It's RWD and a hatchback or in toyota speak liftback.

And as always PLEASE keep those preregistrations coming in. The more we we get the better show we can have!!

Last edited by PSTOC.org; 08-25-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
PSTOC.org

Ok it's getting down to the wire now. It's less than 2 weeks away so if you've been waiting to pre-register to see if you'll be busy that day or a meteor was going to fall or jesus would rise up again, then by now you probably know if the 30th will be free. We need to hit 100 preregistraions to ensure a most awesome event date next year. So help us help you have a great show this year and next!!!! So please please please PLEASE send in those prereg's!! Raffle tickets will be sale only on site day of now so please take note of that. As for the raffle car the big reveal will be next monday so no more hints ;) Ok so new news is we will be having a "Pop off" contest. Yes all you kids itching to rev at each other will finally have a chance! It'll be crowd choice so get ready to cheer for not only the loudest but the best sounding car. Sign up at the event. We will be inspecting the canidates before hand and eliminating it down to 10 finalists. So if you brought your stock car with just a cone filter please don't sign up. The winner will recieve a special award like none of the others that day.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
PSTOC.org

Ok a little early but due to Paypal being a pain in the butt right now I have to ask if your planning on pre-registering today or tomorrow please hang on. They are having issues with our account and will be fixed shortly. Don't worry if you already preregistered all that info is safe. If we can't resolve it quickly we will have another account for you to send your money and info in to by Tuesday at the latest. Also to make up for any inconvience and to encourage preregistration we will be giving 1 free raffle ticket for the car, to all that register.

Now for the good stuff.

We would like to welcome Aqua Rec's Swimmin' Hole and Fireplace shop (www.aquarec.com) as a sponsor of this event. There will be a mobile hot tub at the event that is available for rent from them. Please contact the for pricing. In other news the trophys are on order and will not be your generic steering wheel or winged angel figure. Now on to the car. I know I promised pics but I have a bit more work to do on the paint and will have pics posted up by wednesday. BUT that doesn't mean I can't tell you right now what it is :)

Raffle car is..............1985 Toyota Celica GT!
Engine: 22REC, the motor that'll run with a hole in the motor. Youtube it :)
Fuel injected
102,000 on the odometer
Automatic 3 speed with overdrive

This is a fully drivable, great running vehicle. It has A/C, though the belt is not connected and the system is empty, it has cruise control that is fully functional, all HVAC works perfectly(heat, blower, ect.), power mirrors, interior is brown 7 out of 10 and is fully detailed with Griots Garage products, exterior is decent, most notably a large dent in the bottom rear quarter panel. Hatch is COMPLETELY rust free!! this is rare in of it self and has the stock hatch wing with some after market upper plastic visor type wing, doesn't look bad. Comes with a Panasonic CD player, and Rocksford Fosgate 10" sub.

Now this isn't what you see at the mall with all those WIN this car or $xxxx kiosks. But this is a real, gas saving, take it home that day car that you can win for a $1!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I totally want to go, but will unfortunately have to pass. Again.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
PSTOC.org

That sucks hope to see you next year atleast

Update: Ok due to paypal being a bit unreasonable we will no longer be accepting payment from them for this event. If your planning on attending Sunday please e-mail all your info to PugetSoundTOC@yahoo.com. Payment will be due day of the event and will only be $10 +Toy donation because of all this hassle. We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you there!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
PSTOC.org

Ok folks here's my last update since tomorrow is final prep day and man will we be swamped. I'd like to say thanks for all the supporters that have been keeping these threads alive even though there's a few that have just me talking to no one :) I'm actually bummed I wont be updating and visiting alot of the boards now even though everyone of them has something cool and special to offer. I sadly just can't keep up on them all regularly. But enough of this sappy stuff, on wards towards destiny I suppose.

Ok so there will be food on site and best of all it's FREE! This is the good stuff even though it sounds simple. We got one of the best(according to most of us who've eaten her food) chefs in the state, in full control of our grill so your in for a treat! If you were at last years event you know of the goodness that was her chicken. But this year we have grilled cheese(from an actual bbq grill), tomato soup, hotdogs, the ever popular fish crackers and thanks to Griots, free drinks as well. So yes it's free but if you want to toss a dollar or two into the tip jar, we can reward this lovely lady's efforts with a spa day or something :)

Ok with food annoucement out of the way your probably all going "We don't care about food, where's the damn car pictures you promised us 2 days ago?!" Well I appologize for being a few days late and must appologize further for not having a final pic of the car BUT!!! I can show you before and work pics of the car. So here we go!
First day just bought, yes thats my fat head in the driver's seat :)

Preping the car

Paint mixing

Painting!

First 2 coats drying

Why we named the car "Anarchy"

Twins putting on the final coats 2 days later

So you get the general picture and why we felt the need to paint. It is not clear coated so you can choose to continue the process if you wish, or sand it prime it and have a cheap paint job by maaco or just rock it as is. Will have final pics up tomorrow or will have to wait til you see it in person depending on the schedule.

To wrap this up I'll just say We'll see you there!!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 AM   #10
taracor

Drives: 2009 5 Dr. Hatch
Well that was pretty cool! I only saw one other Yaris there, but it was a pretty awesome Yaris. Had some truck engine in it, I think, it was intense.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #11
PSTOC.org

Folks you were just AWESOME!! Much thanks to everyone who came and celebrated our 5th anniversary doing this show. It was by far the best one I've been to and hope it was for you too. Next year will be insane! Please come tell us what you thought and feel free to post the pics you took as well. And heck just cause the show is over doesn't mean you can't join us on PSTOC all year long. We love you all. Without all of you the show would not have been anything near what it was. So please post your reply's on this thread.

http://pstoc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4068

We'll be keeping you up to date with our goings on at least once a month so don't worry we are just going to bail on you now that it's over.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
PSTOC.org

And yes I believe thats Dave Foth (sp?) and his Drift Yaris. Intense build to say the least.
Closed Thread