Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #19
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I've done the drive about 3-4 times on the way back to Wisconsin; it is a boring drive!
Wisconsin ouch! furthest I've driven east was partially into Montana. I've heard that the Montana & Dakota portion of I-90 is really boring.

I hate driving, i've done way too much for how young I am. In college Did catering, and my boss trusted me more than my peers, so I was always the first pick to send to the caters that were a 3 hr drive away. Seems like every saturday I was going to Moscow Idaho, or the Pasco/Richland/Kenewick or even halfway down into Idaho.

If there is a heaven, it involves a 4 block walk/bike ride to work, and an awesome network of trains & subways.... Wait, I've been there! That was my life in Osaka, Japan! Took me 3 minutes to bike to work, 2 if I didn't have to wait for any lights/traffic.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
Wisconsin ouch! furthest I've driven east was partially into Montana. I've heard that the Montana & Dakota portion of I-90 is really boring.

I hate driving, i've done way too much for how young I am. In college Did catering, and my boss trusted me more than my peers, so I was always the first pick to send to the caters that were a 3 hr drive away. Seems like every saturday I was going to Moscow Idaho, or the Pasco/Richland/Kenewick or even halfway down into Idaho.

If there is a heaven, it involves a 4 block walk/bike ride to work, and an awesome network of trains & subways.... Wait, I've been there! That was my life in Osaka, Japan! Took me 3 minutes to bike to work, 2 if I didn't have to wait for any lights/traffic.
Yeah, I've done the drive several times:

-Milwaukee, WI to Portland, OR and back in a lowered 1998 Honda Civic
-Milwaukee, WI to Portland, OR one way in a lowered 2005 Scion xB
-Milwaukee, WI to Portland, OR one way in a Penske van with a Civic on a trialer
-Portland, OR to St. Paul, MN and back in a stock Suzuki SX4 (no cruise control).

It's long drive; I try to go a slightly different way each time.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #21
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I've only been to Eugene once (visited a couple of breweries on my birthday), and have never been to Spokane, other than driving through. Maybe we'll plan a day trip to Spokane.
if you do make it to spokane for a day trip, hit me up, see what kind of trouble can be had...

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote