Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #11
Ah Yum

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
@ BailOut

Like you, I try to maximize DFCO when coasting to stop and when timing the lights. It also gives grounds to the "Pulse and Glide" technique, which, although somewhat effective on a non-hybrid, I find too cumbersome.

Alternatively, when going down steep hills, I opt for engine-off coasting because the engine-braking during DFCO slows down the car too much and limits the gliding distance (note to others, when the engine's off, you still retain power-steering and -brakes [although limited] by putting the key in "Ignition II" position, the spot right before inflicting the Starter Motor. But I wouldn't recommend this to the most drivers.

When you receive your ScanGauge II, you can do us a huge favour to find the RPM where the 1NZ-FE comes out of DFCO. Thanks!
Ah Yum is offline   Reply With Quote