Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #127
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
if he doesn't have the parts he took out he probably never actually took anything out...
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #128
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgab101 View Post
if that is the excpeted fireware i am using currently the F/IC - 6 Patch V3.05

where do u find the z.107???
That's the version of the software you're running on your computer, not the firmware running on the FIC itself.

Quote:
well tuning is going shit so i probably say tunning is the issue!
Your tuner is a moron.

I believe every person that has used the boomslang has had issues with a crank related CEL
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #129
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
sounds like with the o2 sensor that they guys need something to blame because they do not wish to be at fault. Also try and taking a look to see if it looks as though the o2 sensors where even removed or if they just guessed that to be the issue and are just trying con some more money out of you.
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #130
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
alright guys updated the firmware and car is still running which is good i noticed that the guy put the o2 sensor in the wrong bung ... he put the o2 sensor in the bung where the wideband should be! i purchased a prosport wideband and was looking and noticed it! not sure if that would change the issue! installing my wideband in the next week i hope when i do i will put the o2 sensor in the correct bung!

car runs smoothly uptill 5000rpm sometimes it will go all the way to redline sometimes it wont

Next step is to clamp my maf sensor cause at the moment my maf sensor hasnt been touched at all.. in the aem maf map its all "0" i want to hide the boost i am looking all over internet youtube and aem forums to get an idea of wat to do i will attempt it asap!

and guys thanks alot for all ur help!!! not sure how much u guys understand how much i appreciate all the feedback!!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #131
djgab101

Quote:
I believe every person that has used the boomslang has had issues with a crank related CEL
good to know i am not the only one!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #132
djgab101

after researching found that CT Scott found a problem with the PnP harness!

Quote:
"The issue that I found with it last night is that the MAF (VG) signal and the Crank position sensor (NE-) signal are supposed to be "intercepts" rather than "taps" as they are wired on the boomslang. As-is. the F/IC can only read, and not override the MAF and Crank signals to the ECM. "
"
this is not easy to understand but looks like i probably have to do this to get the crank engine light fixed

my plan is to check the PnP with the installation guide and look over everything! espically crank and cam wires
also going to check my oxygen sensors wires maybe a error there since it is apparently shorting out my sensor heater!

Last edited by djgab101; 04-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.
djgab101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #133
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
good catch.. who needs a tuner when you have yarisworld/forced induction forums..
Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #134
djgab101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
good catch.. who needs a tuner when you have yarisworld/forced induction forums..
Dam straight!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #135
Jeff@MicroImage
"Know it all"

Drives: Lancia Delta Integrale
Never hurts to double check wiring and connections but keep in mind that the harness that Scott found the issue with was a very early pre-production harness that Boomslang made.

The harness you have is revised, with a single large connector and we have not had any wiring issues with these.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #136
djgab101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@MicroImage View Post
Never hurts to double check wiring and connections but keep in mind that the harness that Scott found the issue with was a very early pre-production harness that Boomslang made.

The harness you have is revised, with a single large connector and we have not had any wiring issues with these.
That good to know hopefully it will be a quick look over the wires and can go from there!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #137
djgab101

double check wires and all looks fine all good connections!!
installed afr gauge working well.. since i updated my firware settings have changed and once i start clamping my maf the ecu will change its fuel afr so i am gonna have to start with a new tune i was going to start with.. after changing maf map to percentage and all zeros i had receieved a check engine light p0223 "throttle sensor curcit high" car idles alright but wont rev at all!! i am pretty sure this is the cause of maf sensor!

Clampin my MAF sensor not sure to use percentage or voltage as the option of tuning
then i was going to adjust the AFR using the Fuel map with input as MAF once the car has this set up it should hopefully run smooth thru out the rev range with ECU not seeing boost! 12.1 on wot 13.1 on cruise and 14.7 on idle!

from there might try and adjust the ignition map can anyone give me any tips that might make this a litttle easier???? at the moment gathering as much information from yarisworld aem fic forums and youtube aem fic deminstrations! also got the AEMlog which has help alot
Old 05-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #138
djgab101

any advice would be apprepicated! :D

Last edited by djgab101; 05-02-2012 at 10:52 AM.
djgab101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #139
djgab101

After doing loads of experiments and testing found out that the knocking has come from my 4th cylinder it is a bottom end problem the compression in the cylinder was test at 12psi added oil into the cylinder and it went to 150 psi so i am pretty sure my piston rings are fuked and my piston is rattling when it goes up and down the cylinder bore :(
Old 06-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #140
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Quote:
After doing loads of experiments and testing found out that the knocking has come from my 4th cylinder it is a bottom end problem the compression in the cylinder was test at 12psi added oil into the cylinder and it went to 150 psi so i am pretty sure my piston rings are fuked and my piston is rattling when it goes up and down the cylinder bore :(
That sucks. Sorry to hear that man. I had the same problem with not reving to redline. I had to retard my timing progessively as boost increased in my timing map to take care of it. Stock compression is pretty high and with boost if the nock sensor detects detonation it will retard timing and and not allow the engine to get to redline.

Unfortunatly it seems you may have bigger problems. Try a rebuild with new pistons and rods. You wont regret it.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #141
djgab101

well it is offical my engine blew up, on the way from going to a garage my motor made a massive bang oil squirted from somewhere onto my turbo making my car into a massive ball of white smoke!! all my engine oil went all over the road, checking as much as i could didnt see any crack in the engine but i couldnt see the back side of the engine where the exhaust/turbo is, tow truck took the car now at the Garage probably get a phone call tomorrow asking telling me issue happened! i am pretty sure my engine is finished so a new engine will be brought soon possibly upgrading with forged pistons and rods
Old 06-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #142
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Sorry to hear of the troubles! I hope you can get her back on the road soon and there isn't too much damage besides the motor.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #143
thefalls

Drives: Axio GT
When going for the forged build,please do a nice thread with lots of pictures!
Thanks.
thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #144
djgab101

guys so i found a motor with 29 000 kms on it! I want to rebuild the bottom end so forged pistons and rods!

How difficult is this DIY, i have pretty good knowledge on cars! I have the toyota 1nzfe full specs on engine remvoal and overhaul with pictures and instructions on how to do everything but can any one offer advice on ?