Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #37
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
<snip-de-dip>
Look to everyone on here im not trying to burst anyone's bubble. if you want to track your car, put a racing stripe on it and some big numbers on the doors then do so to each is own. i am entitled to my own opinion.

keep modding, keep tracking, and keep those Yaris looking fresh !!!
You are indeed entitled to your opinion (even if we think you're wrong)

The point everyone is trying to make is that a car does not have to be built "track-ready" at the factory for it to be fun to race. For fcuk's sake - people race lawn-mowers....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #38
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
You are indeed entitled to your opinion (even if we think you're wrong)

The point everyone is trying to make is that a car does not have to be built "track-ready" at the factory for it to be fun to race. For fcuk's sake - people race lawn-mowers....
never said it wasn't fun to race, I MYSELF wouldn't try with it or waste money on motor mods. thats me though.... i will however start modding this bad boy to look nicer. some nice aftermarket wheels and a few other things here and there.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #39
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Look you are just completely ignorant. No car out there can be taken directly from a showroom to a track and expect to be competitive. None.

And bye the way Evo's and STi's were never meant to be track cars, they are meant to be rally cars...

GTi's are just boats, and the rest of those cars are just meant to stroke ego's.

Maybe you need the definition of a race car:a car used for racing, as a specially designed and modified car or stock car. That's from dictionary.com.

Notice how it doesn't list any makes or models, or any specifics. Wow, who'da thought?

But saying small econo cars were never meant to race is one of the dumbest things anyone could say. Ever. It is like you missed the entire 90's and 00's decades. Where Civic and civic based cars dominated almost all stock and near stock racing...

So if you want to pretend entire decades simply never happened you can be dumb and happy and do that. Just don't expect us to think of you as anything but a complete and total fool.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #40
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
understandable, im sure 9 out of 10 members here WILL NOT, ever embark in any race with this vehicle. if you want to do that buy a car thats MEAN'T to be on track. the very small aftermarket support for this vehicle does not allow it to be taken past a stock class etc..

yes i know theres turbo kits, supercharger kits... still doesn't make this a track vehicle straight off the lot. for the price of a brand new yaris, you can purchase a few years old 350z,s2000,even an evo and sti. which are actually mean't to be tracked or daily driven. with ungodly amounts of aftermarket support.

I am by no means trashing this car, because i own as well and i really enjoy it, but i know where it stands on a performance realm. technically speaking a bone stock honda cr-x would do circles on track against a yaris, due to the power weight ratio, and if not probably a $1,000 in suspension and tires which is more easily obtainable will ensure that.
Hmm, I guess NASCAR, NHRA, and all the other "track" cars out there were born that way. Chevy Lumina ((finger to chin, thinking))...and those are just two. Wonder what the other 100 or so organizations do? Ah that's right, sponsers ;) OH and "factory" assembled race cars, don't forget those, and and and and dirt track racers too. I'm sure there is a point in there somewhere, but I have to go now and change my non track oil and my wiper blades made from recycled Ferarri bushings. I might even rev the engine a little to get a tingle
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #41
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Best line ever! "For fcuk's sake - people race lawn-mowers...."
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote