Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #20
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Fuse the power wire within 18" of the battery.

Taln, you sure about that "Level output converter"? "Line output converter" is how I read the box. Aside from the nit-picky title, I agree with you for the most part on the idea of polishing a turd. Heck, you of all people on this board know what I'm in to right now...and stock isn't it. I use the ReQ because It is a nice little cross between an LOC, line driver, and bass booster for one's stock source. It seemed to be a viable alternative to the cheap LOCs most look at and didn't break the bank like a JL Clean sweep or a RF 360.2.

Personally, in my wife's Tacoma, she didn't want to change the look at all. She said she was happy with the stock source. I feel that the ReQ is an excellent choice for three reasons. One, it keeps her happy. Two, it gives me enough signal voltage to the amplifier to have a low noise floor. Three, because it has some nice adjustability with gain output and low frequency crossover points. All of that, you're right. I still have a the weakest link at the source. However, Toyota will replace it if it goes out and the wife is more than happy with my equipment...err...choice. Seriously though, when we have an opportunity to get together after I get back, you should really hear the Tacoma. I think you'd like the result.

Hey Taln...speaking of what I'm in to, check this out:

You mean...these aren't stock? he he...

I haven't given the "old" L1 Pros power yet, and I've already replaced them! Know anyone who can use a bad a$$ pair of tweeters?

Last edited by sqcomp; 01-09-2010 at 08:50 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote