Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
hayrider

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Garm an I haven't sorted out the details yet. In the meantime I can make one-offs for people. I am trying to order the gray connectors so that they are plug-n-play. I am not sure if I am actually going to be able to. In the meantime, If you ship me your harness (the 5 legged one that goes from that gray connector to the four weight sensors, I can clip the connector and make a plug-n-play one, like I did for Mike, with his harness. I leave enough wire on either end, when I snip it, to allow you to be able to splice it back together, if you ever decide to return to the OEM seats. Also, the harness is an orderable part from Toyota for about $40, so that is another option for returning to OEM.
Mr CTScott,
Per my conversations with an engineer at Toyota the COMPLETE safety system (this includes the seatbelts) will not operate if the airbag light in the dash is on! I thought the Toyota engineer was pulling my leg so I would go to the dealer. He’s correct per the two service writer’s I talked too at two different dealerships. I don’t give a shit about me but I do care about my wife and family‼️
For Pete sake help us out...I put back the stock seats but I sold them. I purchased FRS seats with Airbags because I wanted my family to be safe...

Help me please!

Last edited by hayrider; 08-16-2020 at 01:38 AM.
hayrider is offline   Reply With Quote