Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
WankelsRevenge

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch
Changed water pump, now have a CEL?

I just changed my water pump a few weeks ago, and as soon as I started the car after I got done I was showing a check engine light. I took it to the local advance/auto zone and had it checked out. Error message showed up as bad camshaft sensor on banks 1 and 2. Now I was puzzled both by the fact the Yaris doesnt have two seperate banks, and the fact I didnt touch anythign electronical other then dosconnecting the battery and alternator. Do any of you guys know what I can do to get it to shut off?
Ryan
WankelsRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check the connector on the Camshaft Timing Oil Control Valve, which is located just above the alternator. Many have damaged either the connector or sensor when tightening the alternator.