Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
MacMaster761
Five-Star General

Drives: 07 Silver Streak Mica
Send a message via AIM to MacMaster761
ipod2car?

Whats up peoples, i'm a scion xb owner at the time, in the next week planning to purchase a yaris sedan. My box is pretty pimped, including a peripheral ipod2car unit that charges and plays the pod over the aux cd player thing. Does anyone have this system? any install writeups already?

Another question... how do you open the dash...
another question... hows the stereo system in the yaris, is it easily upgradable?
another question... anyone have subwoofers?

thanks guys
MacMaster761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I would check out the threads and posts already made...there have been quite a few things posted on the subjects that you have asked about....welcome to the scene.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
"Another question... how do you open the dash..."

there are 3 glove compartments in the liftback Yaris, just 2 in the Sedan Yaris (2 passenger side, both in usual spot, one flips up, one flips down). The liftback's extra glove compartment is right in front of the driver, where the gauge cluster is on most cars (since gauge cluster is in the middle of dash on Yaris). There are pop out drink holders for driver and passenger, and a pop out coin/accessory compartment in front of driver's left knee. Also, each door has a holder for water/sports bottles..they work GREAT for waterbottles!

another question... hows the stereo system in the yaris, is it easily upgradable?
it's not much tougher than the Echo, xA, etc..check the Audio forums area of yarisworld.com

"another question... anyone have subwoofers?"
a few people here have subs, check :
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=subwoofer

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=subwoofer
Old 07-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
"Another question... how do you open the dash..."

there are 3 glove compartments in the liftback Yaris, just 2 in the Sedan Yaris (2 passenger side, both in usual spot, one flips up, one flips down).

I think that you might be mistaken on the Sedan, unless for some reason the S doesn't have the 2 on the passenger's side. I will have to check to be sure, but I am just about positive that there is only the one compartment in the usual location and not one opening up. (my car is at my parent's house right now and I am picking it up after work.)

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
MacMaster761
Five-Star General

I was also wondering, the new sedan has that weird radio headunit on it, is it possible to get an aftermarket headunit. I was wondering how to literally open the dash so i can get to the headunit. The ipod2car does not support the yaris yet, so i might just keep the ipod unit in the xb when i trade it in...

lets see what you got for answers guys, good replies so far.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv
I think that you might be mistaken on the Sedan, unless for some reason the S doesn't have the 2 on the passenger's side. I will have to check to be sure, but I am just about positive that there is only the one compartment in the usual location and not one opening up. (my car is at my parent's house right now and I am picking it up after work.)
The S doesn't have 2 glove boxes.

As for the integrated H/U I think that you are talking about...well you can remove the console face for it and then pick up the other face for the standard H/U. This was mentioned to be 75 bones and you can pick it up from the dealer....I am thinking after a lot of consideration that I am just going to keep it and pick up a 4 channel amp for the upgraded speakers I am buying...well maybe.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
MacMaster761
Five-Star General

how do you like the car so far, any drawbacks you can think of, would a audio shop even know what to do with these cars yet?

i'm still kinda pissed they dont have a harness specification needed for the yaris yet for the peripheral ipod2car