Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Any hood strut for the sedan?

Does anyone have a hood lift installed on a sedan. I know redline tuning makes one for the liftback but does anyone if this will be able to work for the sedan hood?
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
hmm....Made one for a 1st gen xB with a Tein one. Might have to try it on my sedan. Gonna check if it will clear when closed.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Really. I would be a paying customer if it works =) The hood is extremely lightweight. Now i am wondering if i could take a hood strut from another car and convert it to work on the yaris.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

On the xB, I had to drill a hole and tap it for the bolt. The only "hard" part was finding the mounting point to be able to close the hood. After looking at my hood this morning, it seems to be a simple project. If I do install one, I will do a detailed DIY for it.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHDVIPbB View Post
On the xB, I had to drill a hole and tap it for the bolt. The only "hard" part was finding the mounting point to be able to close the hood. After looking at my hood this morning, it seems to be a simple project. If I do install one, I will do a detailed DIY for it.
And we will be waiting

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Check this out.... http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...=diy+hood+lift
Should be able to make your own easily...haven't looked at a sedan but should work with some slight modifications.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
YarisSedan

I emailed redline and i got the answer I was expecting

"Our current QuickLIFT system will not work on the sedan, I believe they are different vehicles. That being said, we have had such a low desire for our current system, we dropped the sedan version to the bottom of the list for development - in other words, if we happen to get one in our shop, we will develop a system...
Thanks for your interest in our products. If we do develop one, it will be available on our site shortly afterward.
Thanks,
Brian
Redline Tuning"
Old 03-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I have those brackets -- just need a new shape for the sedan distance and you are good to go.

what I really need is a sedan owner willing to come by the shop for things like this.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
YarisSedan

Darn i wish i lived closer. You can experiment with my car all you want =). Let me know if you develop something. I really want to get a billet battery tiedown from you and then remove my hood prop and get a flashy stainless steel hydralic hood lift.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Alright, no pics yet (wife is using it) but I was at a friends house last night and we took some measurements with the hood strut and looked around the engine bay to find mounting points. Had some luck. The question is.....how far do you want your hood to open? Also my main concern is mounting/drilling into the hood brace on the side. Not a lot of room/material do possibly tap to thread a bolt in. I have access to a welder and might tack weld the bolt in place if needed, but that doesn't always look good.