Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
turboyaris or spkrman i need pics...

hey guys either one of you two could post detailed pics of your turbo kit?
i wanna see what zpi has to offer and their website is no help.

i'm thinking of making my own turbo kit(i have done it in the past) and was deciding if i wanna go the homemade route with an emanage or go with the zpi kit.

thanks!
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
what would you like pictures of. I have some on my friends computer, i will post some after he emails them to me
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
joey1320

any detailed pic of the engine bay, manifold and intercooler routing.
you have emanage right? was that pretuned or done at zpi?

thanks!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
Dragonacc

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 70 Mach 1, 84 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1320 View Post
any detailed pic of the engine bay, manifold and intercooler routing.
you have emanage right? was that pretuned or done at zpi?

thanks!
You want detailed pictures so you can see if you want to make your own or not? That's not right in my book my friend. I know you didn't ask me. But if you want to build your own kit why should someone show you pictures of how to do it? ZPI spent R&D money to build their kit. If you want pictures, you should ask them. It's their intellectual property.

Sorry for being an ass.
Dragonacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
joey1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonacc View Post
You want detailed pictures so you can see if you want to make your own or not? That's not right in my book my friend. I know you didn't ask me. But if you want to build your own kit why should someone show you pictures of how to do it? ZPI spent R&D money to build their kit. If you want pictures, you should ask them. It's their intellectual property.

Sorry for being an ass.

hey buddy i know i can make my own, thats not the issue here. and intellectual property my ass... is some pipes and a manifold thats all.
and i'm sorry if you got offended, just go and pay the 3grand to get a turbo kit from them.

moderator just close this thread. and thank you turboyaris for trying to help!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Quote:

Sorry for being an ass.
Dragonacc, To copy and sell anothers design would be a crime, but it's completley accetable to look at anothers design and copy or improve upon it for your own use. Your right, he didn't ask you!
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #7
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Pretty much standard practice for a company to purchase competitions items to see what makes them tick, why would you prevent someone from buying your product?...only way to keep anything secret is if you never sell anything!!!! Even stealth products are owned by governments and controlled, but the technology is fairly widely known. Absolutely nothing wrong with looking under a hood!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:35 AM   #8
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
I don't have the pics yet, but here is what i do have.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=nology

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/nbarsotti
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:

Sorry for being an ass.
actaully since ZPI posted all those pix all over the internet, I do not think they are too worried about it... think they wanted the press more than anything.... sp if TurboYaris and/or Mark are going to take a couple extra shots of THEIR OWN engine bay they can do so, I am sure it is nothing that could not bee found on internet that originated from ZPI that was taken of TurboYaris's car anyway
Old 05-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
plenty in this thread: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5327
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #11
ZPIracing

Drives: Scions
We do not post detail pics on the net for this same reason. Our tC kit we kept the pics off the net for almost a year as soon as they hit two other kits came out with "similair" looking kits. We will show you enough to realize you are getting a quality kit but if you want to take our design you can at least buy one of the kits to steal our design.
ZPIracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
joey1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPIracing View Post
We do not post detail pics on the net for this same reason. Our tC kit we kept the pics off the net for almost a year as soon as they hit two other kits came out with "similair" looking kits. We will show you enough to realize you are getting a quality kit but if you want to take our design you can at least buy one of the kits to steal our design.
wow i didn't know that asking for some pics were gonna get people all angry.
lol!!!

anyways whoever the moderator please close this thread, theres no more point to it. we got zpi all pissed off and other people who think that some pipes and whatnot is patented material...

you know what, i was actually gonna call you guys to order an emanage system but you just made the decision for me. and any following purchases like the clutch and damper pulley.

i have made 4 kits on my own(hondas) and all of them got me great numbers and positive reactions from the people who saw them. i don't need to steal your fucking work.

please close this thread!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #13
ZPIracing

I am not pissed by any means. I simply think that if you want to use our kit as a general base then no worries there are adequate pictures on the net already for the purpose. If you want detailed pics of turbo placement, manifold design and pipe routing to build your own custom kit that is somewhat of a conflict of interest.

Either way no hard feelings on our end, if you do decide to make your own kit we have the head plates etc… you will need.

I think the wording of your original post was the misleading. No big deal any boost is better than no boost regardless where it comes from. :)
Old 05-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
I get the whole point of wanting the pictures to copy a design, and I agree that it is wrong. But what about just wanting to see the pictures to see how the pipe was ran, the placement of everything, and all that. Just so if I were to buy a kit I know ahead of time the where abouts of how everything goes together.
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #15
ZPIracing

here are some pics of spkrman setup

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/spkrman
Old 05-15-2007, 02:11 AM   #16
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Interesting thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:43 AM   #17
joey1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPIracing View Post
I am not pissed by any means. I simply think that if you want to use our kit as a general base then no worries there are adequate pictures on the net already for the purpose. If you want detailed pics of turbo placement, manifold design and pipe routing to build your own custom kit that is somewhat of a conflict of interest.

Either way no hard feelings on our end, if you do decide to make your own kit we have the head plates etc… you will need.

I think the wording of your original post was the misleading. No big deal any boost is better than no boost regardless where it comes from. :)

ok. sorry if i sounded like an ass i wasn't trying to completely copy your design, i was just looking for different ways to place the turbo and pipes.

anyways i'm glad you are not upset, your company has good parts that i was interested on and i hope to buy from you guys in the future.

pm for a price on the head plate, i was gonna have a local shop make it here but if its available i will get it from you.