Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #37
Carvin'07
Selling all mods

Drives: '07 Bayou Blue - totally stock
Pin that against the current claim of 30 million Corollas ever produced. That's strict economics my friend! [ok, end Off Topic]

Carvin'
Carvin'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 AM   #38
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
yea my thread has been hijacked. wtf, all i wanna know is if can be done, and if yes how much will it cost. if you wanna talk engines make your own damn thread. thank you

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #39
Carvin'07
Selling all mods

Drives: '07 Bayou Blue - totally stock
Cool sorry sdmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
ok i was surfing the net and i stumbled upon this beauty. http://www.rotrex.com/ i saw some of the numbers this s/c and wow, its more efficient than a turbo, (maintainance, cooling, lifespan, etc.) the only problem is you have to make your own piping, the numbers are waay better than the blitz sc. anyone know how to do some mandrel bending?
Hey there,

Sorry for continuing the OT.

To directly answer your questions, yes it can be done with some money and determination. In Chicago, there should be loads of shops that can do mandrel bending. Look in your yellow pages at exhaust shops. Usually there are only a few around (mandrel anding machines are expensive), but they should be there. If not, you can always buy universal bends and silicone couplers off of ebay. Just make sure you get good T-bolt clamps to hold back that newly found pressure you will be making!

As others have indicated, the S/C route is a good option if you want moderate, low end torque increases, but limits ultimate the ease of future power upgrades.

You could have a pulled milled from stock aluminum, but that will cost you big bucks. You might want to try out an xA or xB (??) pulley, I can't remember which was mentioned earlier to see if it will fit our needs.

Cheers and good luck with your project.
Carvin'
Carvin'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #40
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Carvin: Bending pipes is the least of you worries. Read my previous post, our engines pulley system is not enough to support the Rotrex pully requierments. Why are you speculating or guesing if the Rotrex will work?

Last edited by cdydjded; 05-21-2007 at 11:28 AM.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #41
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
Carvin: Bending pipes is the least of you worries. Read my previous post, our engines pulley system is not enough to support the Rotrex pully requierments. Why are you speculating or guesing if the Rotrex will work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carvin'07 View Post
You could have a pulled milled from stock aluminum, but that will cost you big bucks. You might want to try out an xA or xB (??) pulley, I can't remember which was mentioned earlier to see if it will fit our needs.
Basically, our Yarii use a single pulley system while the xA/xB use a double pulley, hence it may be possible to use the extra pulley groove to run the supercharger. But the best bet would still be a custom-made one.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #42
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

so i guess its just a pipe dream for now. i will just play the w8n game til companies make some serious products for our car. like i said just wanted to hit close to the 200 mark, with a better low end reponse. so the rotrex was the way i wanted to go.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:11 PM   #43
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Basically, our Yarii use a single pulley system while the xA/xB use a double pulley, hence it may be possible to use the extra pulley groove to run the supercharger. But the best bet would still be a custom-made one.
The single pulley is not the problem, its the amount of grooves our pulleys have. A minimal of 5 is needed but 6 is what Rotrex suggest
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #44
cdydjded

Quote:
so i guess its just a pipe dream for now. i will just play the w8n game til companies make some serious products for our car. like i said just wanted to hit close to the 200 mark, with a better low end reponse. so the rotrex was the way i wanted to go.
200HP to the wheels or flywheel? Do you realize that the turbo kit that ZPI has available did 175hp to the wheels? That is over 200hp @ the flywheel. Plus 170LB of torque. As for low end response, turbos have advanced 10 folds in the last 5 years. Lag is almost a thing of the past. If you pick the proper turbo built specifically for the size of the engine.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #45
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

well how about the heat dissapation?

Old 05-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #46
cdydjded

Quote:
well how about the heat dissapation?
I think you are trying to reinvent the wheel. Run a intercooled 5-7lb of boost kit & you get 175hp to the wheels. What more do you want? More power? Install a set of lower compression pistons & a set of rods. Now you will be over 200hp. In a 2300lb car that is 11.5hp per pound. That is better than a new Z06 Vette.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #47
DoriKnights

Drives: Rps13
s/c cool, but its more stress on that tourqe struglin 1.5. Would rather boost off the exhaust rather than put more stress on the crank
DoriKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #48
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Dear Underdog Racing,

+1 interest
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #49
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
+2 - I've got the money, I'm just waiting on someone to release a supercharger or maybe even two different companies, so i can make a comparison before buying it. But I'm waiting...
RShatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:15 AM   #50
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

so ur saying there's a chance couldnt someone just modify the rotrex pulley to 3 groove?

Old 05-28-2007, 01:26 AM   #51
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Anything's possible... If you don't believe it, go grab a DVD of that TV show Monster Garage...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote