Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Clear Bra

Browsing on Ebay I found this Clear Bra for $25. Check it out and let me know if is worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...mZ300003622377
YamilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=clear+bra

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=clear+bra

Old 08-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
I really dislike clear bra because 3-4 years later you paint under the bras is still looking like brand new and the rest of the paint is pretty damaged (even if you wax it often, the paint change of color)...
Old 08-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ
I really dislike clear bra because 3-4 years later you paint under the bras is still looking like brand new and the rest of the paint is pretty damaged (even if you wax it often, the paint change of color)...

I didn't found that problem on my 5yrs old bimmer.. I have clear protective film on the first day.. and I do regular car wash and wax.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
I didn't found that problem on my 5yrs old bimmer.. I have clear protective film on the first day.. and I do regular car wash and wax.
All depend of your car color!! Color like silver, black and yellow are very stable color. Color like red, orange and white are VERY VERY un-stable. They begin to chance inside a year!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #6
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR
Browsing on Ebay I found this Clear Bra for $25. Check it out and let me know if is worth it.
I think the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale is going on now. You might be able to pick up a bra for a decent price there.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
HAHAHAHA
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
Auto Paint Guard

Drives: Toyota
Read this, this should clear things up...

Hey Guys. I saw this thread and just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Brief history - I've Been in business for 6 years and have installed over 2100 kits.

There are many different companies on Ebay selling the kits. Of course they are all different in terms of designs and materials. I know of 2 companies on Ebay selling vinyl clear bras, Stay away, there is a reason why they are $10.00. Vinyl will not stop a rock. Trust me....

For a general rule of thumb, 3M is going to be your best bet for quality of the film and durability. In regards to design companies, the best designs in terms of fitment and coverage are going to be Xpel, Ultra-shield and Stongard. The design patterns that are found on Ebay are Clearshield and I beleive Clearmask, which are both OK design patterns and are going to be cheaper than the other 3. Mainly due to amount of coverage and more relief cuts.

Now for installing the kits yourself? – I wouldn’t recommend doing it yourself on the Yaris. The bumper is going to be near impossible for a beginner. However if you are still determined to do it yourself, I have a nice video on my site under installation.

Obviously the best is to get the film installed by a professional installer. (Make sure they are good before you pay them.) For example the kits should be 1/8th’ or less away from all edges, there shouldn’t be any bubbles, lift lines, stretch marks, wrinkles etc in the film. Actually on the bumper you may get one stretch mark around the corner, but if properly done it will not be visible.

A good quality kit installed is going to cost roughly $500-700 at least that is what we charge in FL. Again there are cheaper kits on the market but you do get what you pay for.

Hope this information helps. If anyone is in the Tampa area give me a call....

Thanks
Ryan
www.autopaintguard.com
813-505-3868
Auto Paint Guard is offline   Reply With Quote