Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
fraenx

Drives: 2007 Yaris 2DHB
How to check if Yaris has remote entry

I just bought a 2007 Yaris 2DHB. The car didn't come with any of the original keys, just one copied key. I am trying to figure out if the Yaris only has Power door locks or if it has the remote entry functionality and I just need the key.

Can anyone tell me how I can figure out if it is set up for remote entry? I am also trying to figure out if it has the engine immobilizer or not.

When I lock the car at the driver door, it locks all 3 doors and after about 20 seconds it honks the horn once, I suppose to show it's alarmed. If I unlock the vehicle from the passenger side the alarm actually goes off.

Do I just need a new remote key or the entire remote setup?

Thanks in advance
fraenx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, engine immobilizer, keyless entry, missing remote key, remote entry