Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
temps2020

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris S
Help! Replacing driver's side mirror

I've looked through all the previous posts about replacing the mirror but I'm still unclear. Someone knocked off my fiancee's driver's side mirror and I bought the proper Kool Vue replacement. I am referring to a 2008 Yaris S 4 door with power mirrors.

I've read in previous posts that you have to take the door panel off to replace the mirror. However, I stopped by Toyota service and they said all i have to do is pop off the triangular plastic piece on the inside of the door, opposite the mirror and unscrew and the bolts and replace the mirror.

I popped off this plastic piece and saw the bolts but there's no way I can reach two of them as they are partially obstructed by the door panel. I did some more searching and found an ehow.com article saying the same thing. Just pop off the plastic housing and unscrew and replace.

I must be missing something...it seems that I really have to take the door panel off to reach the screws and connect the wire in the mirror to the wire that's currently taped to the existing broken mirror's wire.

If I do need to take off the door panel, does everything in this thread still apply, even though I'm working with the driver's side of a 2008 Yaris, non-liftback?

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...+panel+removal

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
temps2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You do have to remove the door panel, as the connector for the power mirror is located under the panel. For non-power mirrors you can get the three nuts off without removing the door panel.

Sedan Mirror.jpg
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
temps2020

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris S
ah, i see

thanks for that great graphic. very helpful. do you know if the dis-assembly of the door panel is the same as in the link provided above (30 sec door removal)?
temps2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Yes. The sedan door panel removal is pretty much the same as on a liftback.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote