Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
CAyaris

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to CAyaris
New To The Forum

Hey guys My name is alex and me and my girlfriend share a 2008 toyota yaris sedan. Currently only work we have done to it is the interrior trim pieces and door trim pannels were painted white, interrior has full neon on the floor front and back, pink lights inside at that, white underglow on the out side, 17" Motegi racing R7 rims, two kicker comp subwoofers in a custom enclosure fit to the back of the trunk and a kenwood amp. On the night picture you can currently see the side underglow, its due to the bracket got slammed on by accident and knowcked it loose i will get an updated picture to show that its not able to be seen. Got to keep it clean.

Had stock wheels in the last two pictures, was sitting a little higher than usual also.
CAyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
looks good, love the wheels on that color.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
^^ way too much wheel gap though. You need to drop that thing on those wheels. Who was it that was asking what 17s look like on a stock suspension yaris? :P
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Pics of interior too!
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Welcome to the forum, good looking pics, some springs would make it look a lot better and take pics of the interior show it off, I got stock fog lights FS if interested
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
CAyaris

Thanks for the welcome. We are looking at springs, although i heard u cant do more than a two inch drop. True???? as far as interior goes, let me get it cleaned up a bit and than get some pictures up.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Welcome to the forum!
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
big lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAyaris View Post
Thanks for the welcome. We are looking at springs, although i heard u cant do more than a two inch drop. True???? as far as interior goes, let me get it cleaned up a bit and than get some pictures up.
If you are looking for a low drop then Tein will be the best you can also try the Microimageonline.com store for the MI springs, on my ride I got Teins its pretty low just check my album, be good.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
CAyaris

How Low can You go on a sedan, if im on a 17" rim with a 215/40/17 tire
Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
big lo

That all depends on the product, and the conditions in your area, oh and last but not least how much you are willing to pay. Since you got 17's from 2.5 in but all depends in what you buy, shop around and see what is good for you, good luck
Old 01-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #11
CAyaris

Conditions: Nothing i live in a desert. LOL
Price looking to pay: 100.00-200.00
Old 01-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
falker

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan
looks good you should check out this club called teamaftermath haha
its kevinmetal btw
Old 01-14-2011, 02:15 AM   #13
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAyaris View Post
How Low can You go on a sedan, if im on a 17" rim with a 215/40/17 tire
The Tein S.Tech is your best bet for your budget. Depending on the offset of your rims, you might rub.

I'm on S.Tech's, and when I use my 17x7.5 rims (+38 in the front and +28 in the rear) with 205/40/17 tires (generic tires that are more like 215/40/17), I had horrible rubbing. I rolled my rear fender and trimmed the front fender liner to minimize rubbing.

Here's my car with that set up (I also installed some spring spacers in the rear to raise it probably a 1/4", but also prevents the spring from compressing all the way since these pics):

And before rolling the rear fender:
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #14
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
dont know if this helps but mines on the mi springs they were a good price but i just have stock steelys ive had no problems though
Attached Images

matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
CAyaris

Where are you guys picking your stuff up from. I have guys that can help me out and have done stuff like this before but i havent talked to them in a while. How much work is involved in doing a 3.5 or 3 inch drop we want to be slammed.lol. and than where do u think we can get an S lip kit from
Old 01-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #16
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
i got bassically all my parts from microimage good stuff good prices fast shipping. id say it took us about 2-3 hours to put in my springs but my friend has his own bay at mercedes so we had a lift and spring compressor and all that it was just a spring swap we didnt do any fender work or rolling of the fenders that may be required for a bigger drop like some of these other guys said so that might add on some time never looked for a s kit but im sure they are relatively easy to find
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #17
CAyaris

Hmmmm ok thanks i will have to look around. Yeah their is a guy in one of the near by clubs that does air bags im sure he can do springs. By the way here are some random pictures. The thing hanging off the back of the car is a pink flamingo and my buddy has an xb with a fish, just somehting random and funny soo.... the last picutre is just oc the car while i was washing and detailing it.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
CAyaris

Microimage seems to be the only place to pick up yaris stuff?