Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #523
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
How about IGTV?
Yeah, I checked it out. Only problem is the vertical orientation. Either it crops out the sides badly, or makes the video tiny. I'm not even really sure how to get the full video in a horizontal view. If IG would allowed linking to youtube vids, that would be great, but they don't.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:42 AM   #524
06YarisRS

I made it to Turbokits.com 2ZR turbo kit product page!

https://turbokits.com/Toyota/Corolla...urbo_Kit/1972/

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 01-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #525
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
I made it to Turbokits.com 2ZR turbo kit product page!
Where? I see nothing which spotlights you. Was expecting at least your engine bay featured.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #526
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Where? I see nothing which spotlights you. Was expecting at least your engine bay featured.
Scroll about 1/2 way down the page. It's just my video linked. I think you may have already seen the vid. Still, I'm happy to have it up there. So cool! Haha.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:19 AM   #527
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Scroll about 1/2 way down the page. It's just my video linked. I think you may have already seen the vid. Still, I'm happy to have it up there. So cool! Haha.
That is cool. Always fun when stuff like that happens.

I feel they owe you a bit of credit, though, as their description of the install doesn't sound exactly like your experience. Sounds like you had to do a little more of that R&D they mentioned

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:41 PM   #528
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
I bet you're beaming...I would be lol

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:02 PM   #529
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
That is cool. Always fun when stuff like that happens.

I feel they owe you a bit of credit, though, as their description of the install doesn't sound exactly like your experience. Sounds like you had to do a little more of that R&D they mentioned
Well, thanks ern-diz! For sure there were a lot of modifications, but I'd hate to think what a mess I would have been in building a scratch kit. To tell you the truth, I almost did. Some guy was selling both a turbokits 2zr manifold and downpipe on eBay - the two really essential parts. I could have built the rest of the kit from parts online. But, more time would be needed for fabrication, plus I wouldn't have had all the invaluable tech support.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #530
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
I bet you're beaming...I would be lol
Hell ya, dude! They did ask me to send pics and a short writeup, but I never expected to get onto the actual product page. I just figured it would go in the gallery. They did post in on Instagram and their Facebook page, but I think they do that for most builds.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:01 PM   #531
06YarisRS

Car out of its den for a warm-up. This happens about once a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtp...BZua5M45dxSVm0

Old 02-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #532
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:05 PM   #533
06YarisRS

What do you guys think about running this 5W40 in the ol' turbo Yaris?

I was shopping around for a VW spec oil and stumbled upon this at my local Walmart. I don't think this oil is even available in the USA. And, $19.97 Canadian!!!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZhEj3FjiaY&t=25s

Here's my current stash. The 5W20 is for my 2016 Kia Rio EX. Also, just placed a Rockauto order for filters for all vehicles - 12 filters in all.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:01 PM   #534
06YarisRS

Annual Maintenance Checkup

After a couple days of hooning around in the Yaris, I decided it was time to lift the car and check all the various systems. I'm getting the car ready for storage. I probably have about 2 - 3 weeks left before the first of the evil road salt is applied. The cooler weather has been awesome for boost, with intake temps in the low 60s F.

I checked the following:

1) turbo manifold to head stud nuts - one missing! I took one off my 1nz engine in my other garage bay. Pic below.

2) turbo to turbo manifold stud nuts - all in place and tight

3) Downpipe to turbo turbine stud nuts - all tight, no leaks at gasket.

4) Transmission cooler circuit - no leaks, no chafing, added one piece of split hose between the trans return line and the oil pan lip. There was no visible wear on the hose. Pic below

5) water injection system - all hoses good, no chafing, no leaks, clamps and fasteners all solid. Removed the nozzle from the charge pipe to check the spray pattern.

6) All added wiring harnesses and relays - no issues

7) Turbo charge piping, 3" intake and cone filter, oil supply and oil drain - no body contact, couplers and T-clamps in excellent shape, no leaks, cracks.

8) bellhousing and flex plate bolts - all good.

9) exhaust system - all good

10) brakes - all good. I replaced both front calipers this summer.

11) Coilover threads cleaned and re-lubed, spring perches tight.

12) Full undercoating and rustproof spray. The car has a nice black coat of rustproofing underneath. It only takes about 2 cans to touch up each fall.

The car has been driven a lot and the only repair required is the above mentioned manifold stud nut. Not too bad for the complexity and number of added systems.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 10-16-2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #535
06YarisRS

Man, this 'winter' has been crazy! Still no snow and almost mid-December. Needless-to-say, the Yaris is getting lots of extra driving this year. Still...keeping my eyes on the weather network.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:30 AM   #536
06YarisRS

Well, it's been ages since I did an update. Not sure if anyone will see this, or care, but figured I'd update the thread.

The car has been running great with a less than perfect tune, but I've driven it more this summer and I ever have in the past. Still planning on eventually getting a standalone ECU - maybe next summer.

A couple recent mods:

Upgraded brakes - PowerStop Z23 pads and rotors

Dual Exhaust Tips/Chambered Mufflers

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 09-02-2022 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:47 AM   #537
WeeYari

Welcome back!
New exhaust looks rad. Can't wait to see installed pics on the setup. A few dual tip installs done here millennia ago, but I believe this will be the first that is actually two seperate mufflers rather than just a tip branch off of the tailpipe.
How's life in the new place?
Old 09-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #538
06YarisRS

Quote:
Welcome back!
New exhaust looks rad. Can't wait to see installed pics on the setup. A few dual tip installs done here millennia ago, but I believe this will be the first that is actually two seperate mufflers rather than just a tip branch off of the tailpipe.
How's life in the new place?
Hey bro! Haha. New exhaust should be cool, hopefully not too loud. Should have gone for two 3" tips instead of 4", but hey, we'll see. I have an appointment today for the exhaust guy to 'loose fit' the parts and take measurements. He already said the job can be done, but wants to mock it up first. Probably about 2 weeks before he can actually do it though. :(

Loving the new place. Move was the best thing we could have done, though I severely miss my 2 car garage. I have a single car garage now. Had to literally shorten the handles on my floor jacks to get them perpendicular to the car. Bummer. Lol. But, yeah, living in a city again has major benefits. Kids are thrilled.

How are things with you?

Old 09-02-2022, 11:39 AM   #539
WeeYari

Life is too rapidly moving along, but otherwise pretty damn good. Don't know how much longer the old girl is going to be with me. Rust is making its claim.

If it were me, I'd be definitely missing the big garage as well as access to Fundy. Kayaking with whales and porpoises would be a form of Utopia for us. If our stage of life had been slightly different, we quite possibly would have been putting in an offer on your old place.

I'll tell you what, it's really beginning to suck being one of only a handful of truly active OGs on here.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #540
06YarisRS

Quote:
Life is too rapidly moving along, but otherwise pretty damn good. Don't know how much longer the old girl is going to be with me. Rust is making its claim.

If it were me, I'd be definitely missing the big garage as well as access to Fundy. Kayaking with whales and porpoises would be a form of Utopia for us. If our stage of life had been slightly different, we quite possibly would have been putting in an offer on your old place.

I'll tell you what, it's really beginning to suck being one of only a handful of truly active OGs on here.
Yeah , it is a beautiful area, but we needed a change and the city offers so much more for the kids in terms of friendships, activities. Eric got a new bike and has already worn out two rear tires. Our daughter is enjoying a very bountiful social life. Such a vast improvement from the rural 'small town' scene.

Yes, I have been checking in on YW and it does appear to be just hanging on; a shadow of its former glory from not that long ago. Truly sad, and I hope that it doesn't go offline as a vast resource would be lost.

I'm going to try and post more. I don't find FB or Instagram very helpful. Neither have any meat to them from my experience.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 09-05-2022 at 08:03 AM.