Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
FS: Ported (for 1zz) OEM intake manifold

I am selling my JB weld ported intake manifold that was ported to match the 1ZZ throttle body. Not only is the opening ported but the sharp 90 degree bend into the plenum is also ported quite a bit as well.

The manifold is being sold with the oem gasket as well. I have removed the 3 threaded studs that the throttle body bolts on to so you'll need your from your stock manifold or purchase some.

This manifold was not run on a dyno but in my experience it has drastically increased the throttle response of the 1zz TB and it has improved how hard the Yaris pulls right up to red line. It has also helped down low torque but not as much as you would get from the MI intake manifold.

I am selling because I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase a used MI intake manifold. If you cannot afford the MI manifold then this is a very good compromise for a fraction of the price and it will still help with performance. The biggest difference between this manifold and the MI manifold is that the MI manifold really increases low end torque quite a bit and it has dyno pulls to prove it.

I'd recommend using RTV sealant to make a gasket between the TB and the maifold. Just make a bead around the manifold and let it sit for about 1-2 hours until it is slightly firm but still somewhat tacky. Then install the manifold. Then open the butterfly valve and make sure not RTV has been pressed inside the TB, if it has just wipe it clear with a paper towel or your finger.

Price is $150 USD OBO
Old 01-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
tmontague

Bumpity bump bump
Old 02-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #3
tmontague

bump, someone give me an offer for some decent and inexpensive gains
Old 02-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
sarap

Drives: red liftback egg
I kinda want this but I don't have the 1zz throttle body. Pardon my noobness but could I use the 1nz tb ? Or would that be stupid.
sarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #5
tmontague

Yes the 1nz TB is compatible with the ported manifold. The outer diameter and the bolt holes of the mounting plate on both TB's are the same. The only difference is that the 1zz has a larger inner diameter (less material). So for your case it will also work fine.

As for performance I don't know for sure as I've only ran it with the 1zz TB, but you'd likely be able to notice the tq and hp gains especially under WOT. There would likely be no change to your throttle response with the 1nz TB, but once the butterfly valve is open you'd notice the benefit. However, I'd recommend eventually installing the 1zz TB to take full advantage of it.

It would be equivalent to running a 1nz TB with the Micro Image intake manifold. Although the MI manifold is dyno tested and will give you better gains, it is also much higher in price.

If you want it, I'll clean up the mouth of the manifold, right now it has RTV sealer on it that I'll remove so it nice and smooth when you get it.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #6
sarap

Drives: red liftback egg
Word word, ok lemme see if I can source a 1zz tb
sarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #7
tmontague

Sold