Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
Rob888

Drives: 2010 Yaris 2 door hatchback
How shut off seat belter chime?

I called two Toyota dealers about shutting off the seat belt chime on my 2010 Yaris. Both said that the chime cannot be shut off.

If I remove the chime speaker from inside the instrument cluster are there any consequences to doing so? Will doing so affect any part of the computer system? Will the key reminder and other reminders still work? I have the Yaris Factory Service Manual. Thanks for any replies.
Rob888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
Brighton
Knower of little

Drives: None
It can definitely be shut off, I just don't know how they do it. Old people hate those buzzers and they frequently have the dealer do it for them. My grandmother had the dealer turn off hers in her 09 Camry. You can also physically remove the buzzer too, I don't think you should have to add anything to bridge the circuit once it's gone either. Your other option is to bypass the weight or seat belt switch in the seats so that they always read as being occupied and buckled in.
I haven't done this in a yaris before but I bypassed the seat switch in another car I had when I swapped seats, so now the seat always reads occupied and buckled in (also so the airbags will work)
Brighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Are you asking because you have aftermarket seats? Why is the chime going off?

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

Drives: 2010 Ylw 3dr. AT(Blue-Wife's)
there is a switch (therefore wires that can be connected/disconnected) in the female end of the seat belt....however passenger airbag won't work I know this because I use a seatbelt extender to shut up the passenger side... Lunchbox/cooler is heavy enough to make it beep!

Repair List:
1 new blower motor, making funny noise. @ 91K (Water pump @ 120K)
Mod List:
1. Black tape on most of the annoying blue high beam light behind the lens. (thank you CTScott)
BIGTAZ351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #5
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
I have removed the buzzers from both my yaris with no other issues. Its very simple actually. Grab a small screwdriver and gently pry the buzzer from the board while applying a soldering iron to the other side. Pops right out

You will however lose your headlight warning and other warnings that use the buzzer.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote