Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
2013 Golf SportWagen...Considering

Hey Folks.

Since we've been thinking about downsizing from our van, we were out browsing car lots. We stumbled on this 2013 Golf Sportwagen. I have rarely seen a used car of this vintage in such pristene condition. The car has 31000 km on it. I negotiated down to ~$10900.00 plus tax of course. It is what I'd call a base model but it has a lot of features including power everything, heated seats etc. Oddly, it has bluetooth music streaming but not hands-free calling, though a module is available. The car has brand new tires. I checked all the fluids and they are all perfectly clear and fresh. The interior is about the same, apparently owned my a 50 year old bachelor, so I don't think the back seat was even used.

I got the car for the weekend with a $500.00 refundable deposit. Although I'm not really thrilled with the overall look of the car (exterior) it has absolutely perfect paint. I literally went over every square inch and could not find so much as even a paint chip. 100% straight body, zero door dings.

I have never owned a VW of any kind. I have been doing some research and the 5 cylinder 2.5L seems like a good engine, if not having a strange oil filter change procedure.

If anyone has any experiences with this car or similar 2.5 6-speed auto VW product, I'd love to hear about them. On to the pics...

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 12-08-2019 at 03:12 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote