Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #19
RodimusPrime

Drives: 1998 Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBBERDIPSTICK View Post
that is such a scam... dude, just save your money and buy a set of rims if thats what you want. Don't pull some lame scam to get them... i mean come on, there's no way you could not see that hole.
You've got to be kidding me? It's the property owner's responsibility to maintain a level of care for his facility that isn't a hazard. Obviously, This is a huge hazard. And seeing how it was pitch black and filled with water when he hit it,. It's a viable reason for why he didn't see this pit.

When I lived in CT the potholes during the winter took out THREE wheels on a friend vehicle. The state paid a grand for him to get aftermarket wheels.

It's the owners' problem now. If he doesn't respond send a certified letter. After that, Try and contact his "rep" and see what he's willing to do if anything. If he doesn't respond then, try and find someone close to a lawyer and have him write a letter. That'll grab the guys attention. I'd rather settle with paying less than a grand for rims then for rims, court costs, lawyer fees, etc...
RodimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:08 AM   #20
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBBERDIPSTICK View Post
that is such a scam... dude, just save your money and buy a set of rims if thats what you want. Don't pull some lame scam to get them... i mean come on, there's no way you could not see that hole.
Ok, for one, I didnt say I was using the money to buy rims...Origionally it was to claim money to replace my old steelies, the fact that I wrecked them gave me a reason to actually go out and buy a set of Rims, its not like I targetted the place...

And yes, as stated above. It is the owners responsibility to take care of some form of upkeep on the property.

As for a scam....I mean really, anyone who knows me, knows that I wouldnt do that, but I would seek retribution for damages caused by a lack of commitment or just plain ignorance. I dont plan to sit here and make a company pay for a $800 set of rims, only to have them pay me for what it would cost to replace two steel wheels and have tires mounted. Thats it. Not to mention my car needs a huge alignment. Plan on getting one done anyway when I get springs installed in 2 weeks.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #21
njyaris
YARIS NEWBIE

Drives: YARIS 07 LIFTBACK
Send a message via AIM to njyaris Send a message via Yahoo to njyaris
cant wait to see pics of your car with new rims ..
Old 07-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #22
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
i wonder how the laws are in canada (ontario) about this similar case cause tehre are hidden potholes in some parkinglots that are difficult to spot...and usually dug deep instead of roadchip...

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #23
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
cityworks here (and developers alike) all put down asphalt without rolling the edges for traffic. so we get the 3 - 4 inch sharp edge whenever theres construction. never a sign saying such just that shit your pants feeling when you hit it at 30mph. Here anyway you dont hold your breath to get any sort of reparations mostly your just S.O.L.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote