Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #1
voxtrot

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Which Costco battery will fit my Yaris?

I am trying to replace my battery at Costco but the service person told me they no longer make them for my car. Here is the battery the website says will fit my Yaris. The one they discontinued. Now I tried different year Yaris models and they came up with same battery and I also tried some corollas and got the same battery but they do not have this model any more!? Do you know of another battery I could use for my 07 yaris as an alternative? I am currently using a AutoZone Duralast Gold which is 6 years old and losing charge. I got a really good deal on it back then but now they are up to almost $200 which I will not pay. Costco has really good prices I just hope someone can help me find an alternative battery from there. It is hard to figure it out from there site and they are kind of nazis because they will only sell you the battery based of what the book says lol. I don't care I'll say I will have some other model toyota or car if i have to.
voxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Totally ironic. I was speaking to Costco (Canada) today and the replacement battery is $114.00 including charge of $10.00. My Kirkland battery recently crapped out. I had it tested today. It read 12.8 volts but immediately failed the draw test.

A few pics of my current one. I'll be replacing with the same. Maybe the numbers will help the Costco folks.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I can confirm a group 35 battery fits. I had that one installed before I did my battery relocation
Old 08-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Aftermarket power demands recently finished off my dealership battery. Replaced with an Optima, but it was one of those $200 ones you're not interested in. Prob don't need it anyway if you don't have added power demand.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:21 AM   #5
voxtrot

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Totally ironic. I was speaking to Costco (Canada) today and the replacement battery is $114.00 including charge of $10.00. My Kirkland battery recently crapped out. I had it tested today. It read 12.8 volts but immediately failed the draw test.

A few pics of my current one. I'll be replacing with the same. Maybe the numbers will help the Costco folks.
Thanks I was able to figure out which battery fit my Yaris. You guys in Canada get the Kirkland sticker. How long did your Costco battery last you? The batteries here have "Interstate" But pretty sure they are the same. It is interesting that I can't get that version you have in Canada. I can't believe that my Auto Zone Duralast Gold is basically the same battery as the Costco one I bought. The go up to $200! It has the same specs! Costco has such a better price and warranty for their battery.

For the folks in the states here is the battery you need if you have an older Yaris. I think they may work with Yaris up to 2016. It is basically a Corolla battery. That was the best $80 I have spent on a car battery. Lets see how long it lasts. Now I am ready for the winter.

Last edited by voxtrot; 08-06-2019 at 02:50 AM. Reason: image was not showing
voxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #6
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Should last years.

Again, only reason I paid the premium on the Optima is because of the additional power demand my car requires.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxtrot View Post
Thanks I was able to figure out which battery fit my Yaris. You guys in Canada get the Kirkland sticker. How long did your Costco battery last you? The batteries here have "Interstate" But pretty sure they are the same. It is interesting that I can't get that version you have in Canada. I can't believe that my Auto Zone Duralast Gold is basically the same battery as the Costco one I bought. The go up to $200! It has the same specs! Costco has such a better price and warranty for their battery.

For the folks in the states here is the battery you need if you have an older Yaris. I think they may work with Yaris up to 2016. It is basically a Corolla battery. That was the best $80 I have spent on a car battery. Lets see how long it lasts. Now I am ready for the winter.
Mine came with the car when I bought it. The battery was from 2013 but it got drained flat a couple of times by parasitic draw which likely contributed to its demise. I don't know long it was in service before I got the car.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:24 AM   #8
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
great thing about costco is the battery warranty means free battery for life. Bought it once and I change it once a year and pay the difference if price goes up or get refund.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote