Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-05-2020, 03:23 AM   #1
rayfloyd170

Drives: Yaris 2016 1.3 Manual
Part number and name

can you help me identify the encircled image below with its part number or give me its name? it is made of rubber covering the electrical wire from engine going inside to the body. i think it is some kind of rubber grommet but i am not sure and cannot find the part number either in the catalog.

mine was partially chewed by rats.. i did not notice it until now apart from the damaged hydraulic engine mount which i already replaced.

can this circular rubber be replaced without removing the wire harness? if not i will just put some Rubber sealant to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rubber Cover For Toyota Vios Yaris Sedan 2014-2016.JPG (118.2 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by rayfloyd170; 02-05-2020 at 04:56 AM.
rayfloyd170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Weird, that's where the ECU normally is for US cars. My HB has a similar grommet on the driver's side going into the main distribution panel. If it's part of the wire harness, it's not a separate item and will have a bunch of sealant inside to keep water out of the cabin. You're probably better off just sealing it yourself, unless you want to pull the entire wire harness out of the engine bay.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:32 AM   #3
rayfloyd170

Drives: Yaris 2016 1.3 Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Weird, that's where the ECU normally is for US cars. My HB has a similar grommet on the driver's side going into the main distribution panel. If it's part of the wire harness, it's not a separate item and will have a bunch of sealant inside to keep water out of the cabin. You're probably better off just sealing it yourself, unless you want to pull the entire wire harness out of the engine bay.
thank you for the reply...

that was what i am thinking of... i will just have to seal it then rather than pull out everything.
:)
rayfloyd170 is offline   Reply With Quote