Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #145
soloecho2

Drives: 2004 Echo HB
I currently have a set of Tein SS coilovers. At the last track day the RH rear lower bushing separated from the outer sleeve. Has anyone delt with Tein before ? Can I order the lower bushing from them or do I have to send the shock to them ? Does anyone make replacement bushings aftermarket for them ? I have emailed them but no reply so far. My next track day is July 24 I think. Any help is appreciated.
soloecho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #146
Supercompact
Japan Power

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2006
i just buy TEIN super compact for my 2006 yaris ..
any TIPS for that ?
Supercompact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #147
lk250f

Drives: Civic Si
does anyone have experience with ISC coils? saw them on ebay and they look nice. What are the lowest coils for this car? I was looking at ksport. Thanks
lk250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #148
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Debating between buying the megan racing and the Tanabe Sustec Pro S0C coilvoers. The megans can drop lower and are stiffer, correct?
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #149
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lk250f View Post
does anyone have experience with ISC coils? saw them on ebay and they look nice. What are the lowest coils for this car? I was looking at ksport. Thanks
Never heard of ISC... probably ebay junk. Ksport are no good for Yaris, don't go very low and run a troublesome front adjustable swaybar bracket.

Kido, Megan and Silkroad are the lowest and most complete coilovers for those that want to slam the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
Debating between buying the megan racing and the Tanabe Sustec Pro S0C coilvoers. The megans can drop lower and are stiffer, correct?
Correct, the Tanabe will be sprung softer and more comfort oriented. Megan is sprung stiffer and can go lower.
Kido goes just as low as megan and has the benefit of coming with the adjustable front swaybar links and hard rubber rear upper shock mounts as well as being offered in various spring rates for no additional charge.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:53 AM   #150
mr_miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
Correct, the Tanabe will be sprung softer and more comfort oriented. Megan is sprung stiffer and can go lower.
Kido goes just as low as megan and has the benefit of coming with the adjustable front swaybar links and hard rubber rear upper shock mounts as well as being offered in various spring rates for no additional charge.
! after reading up on them I think I'll go with the KIDO's.....now if i could come up with that extra money right after xmas i could go pick them up from Garm when I'm visiting family down there.....
since the dampening rates are adjustable, i can adjust them for a more comfort oriented setting for when i have to chauffeur the lady around. I think I'm sold.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #151
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I got megans, I do like the adjustable dampening for track and street use.. but I will say this.. my girl still thinks the softest setting is very harsh.. I took her for a ride with the hardest setting and we didnt get around the block before she wanted to get out. women and thier ride quality needs..
Old 11-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #152
mr_miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
I got megans, I do like the adjustable dampening for track and street use.. but I will say this.. my girl still thinks the softest setting is very harsh.. I took her for a ride with the hardest setting and we didnt get around the block before she wanted to get out. women and thier ride quality needs..
I'm hoping she wont mind since she wants coil overs on her Miata after riding in our friends xb, lol. If she don't like it she can drive her car instead of riding with me :p
Old 11-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #153
Mandos

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Starting to make some sort of "whishlist" for my car and I had some questions reguarding the suspension system since I'm a beginner in car tuning.

What I'd like to know is what's the main diffrence between springs / shocks and soil-overs ( before I'm asked, I'm looking to make the car drop a bit (not too much since Quebec's road arent the nicest) and something with nice handling.

Also, I keep on seeing people talking about xx kg front / xx kg rear me wants to know what those number means

Thanks for your help all
Mandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #154
banifesto

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Hi folks,
Just wondering, will NCP91 suspension parts fit NCP93 (sedan)? thinking to get a coilovers but mostly list out Yaris NCP91 as the model, and I'm not sure they will fit nicely on the Sedan?
banifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #155
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ All of them. The suspensions are the same.

Springs alone (not coilovers) sometimes set the ride height slightly differently, but all the parts fit - springs, struts, shocks, sway bars, bracing, etc.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #156
carlo0616

Drives: Yaris T-Sport
D2 FTW
carlo0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #157
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
what's the main diffrence between springs / shocks and soil-overs
Yaris only really gets coilovers (Coil-Over-Shock) in the front, the rears stay separate.

In general, "coilovers" give you adjustment in ride height, and some provide adjustment with pre-load, damping stiffness, etc. You can adjust your height by purchasing different springs, but you are stuck with whatever fixed length spring you bought.

Quote:
I keep on seeing people talking about xx kg front / xx kg rear me wants to know what those number means
This is the spring rate, a measure of the stiffness.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.

Last edited by cali yaris; 02-14-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #158
banifesto

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ All of them. The suspensions are the same.

Springs alone (not coilovers) sometimes set the ride height slightly differently, but all the parts fit - springs, struts, shocks, sway bars, bracing, etc.
Thanks for the assurance mr. garm.. I tested the H&R street coilovers fitted on a polo gti, although the damping is non-adjustable, the ride is
I'm sure it'll be nice on the yaris as well.
banifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #159
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Yes they will feel great. Progressive springs are really nice on street cars.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #160
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
my next coilovers im getting are going to be the kido... i had tein basics and didn't like losing spring preload to lower height
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 005.jpg (161.0 KB, 372 views)

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #161
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
basics maxed out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (107.1 KB, 383 views)

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #162
barebonedvitz
return of the comeback

Drives: white '08LB..very nice,i like
i'm sort of a noob in suspension rebuilding.. do all coilover companies rebuild/overhaul? which company would you rather settle with?

I know tein rebuilds theirs, but sometimes, i don't think it's worth it since i can just get a new set from another brand... however, depending on what needs to be done, it seems like i can save money as well..

any thoughts on this?

93 Civic Si- SC/B18B1 - street beast
07 Red/BlackTop Yaris LB - died in a sandwich in 2010@168K.
08 White Yaris LB - daily beatnut...round 2!
barebonedvitz is offline   Reply With Quote