Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Does anyone in here have a LB with the power package?

I'm talking the (PP) option with the alloy wheels. The reason I'm asking is because every single LB I've seen either on a dealer's lot, or on the road has had the wheel covers. They must be rare because I haven't seen one yet except in pictures. If you have one and you still have the factory wheels on it, I'd like to see some pics if you can post some. Thanks.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
I saw one at the stealership. I decided to go with the steelies. It's not a part of the power package here. You can upgrade for an extra $650. I was able to buy a set of rims mounted and balanced for less from Discount Tires. IMO the Toyota's alloys are ok but the rims I bought from the tire shop is better suited to my style!
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I'm talking the (PP) option with the alloy wheels. The reason I'm asking is because every single LB I've seen either on a dealer's lot, or on the road has had the wheel covers. They must be rare because I haven't seen one yet except in pictures. If you have one and you still have the factory wheels on it, I'd like to see some pics if you can post some. Thanks.
I've never seen a Yaris with factory alloys period. I bought the Toyota Factory alloys and they look and feel great. ($600.00) I wish I could have bought the stubby looking 5 spokes that they show in the brocures and on-line. You would think they would at least sell them.
Attached Images

nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
I've never seen a Yaris with factory alloys period. I bought the Toyota Factory alloys and they look and feel great. ($600.00) I wish I could have bought the stubby looking 5 spokes that they show in the brocures and on-line. You would think they would at least sell them.
I've never seen those wheels offered as factory wheels. They look nice, but I do like the 5 spokers a bit better. It must be if you order the package with the wheels, you get the 5 spokers, and if you purchase the wheels as a stand-alone option you get the 7 spokers. Just a guess.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
I got the pp and insisted on alloy wheels--they put Enkei alloys on it prior to delivery.
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typer73 View Post
I got the pp and insisted on alloy wheels--they put Enkei alloys on it prior to delivery.
They look pretty good!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Frankly, I think the factory alloys are kinda ugly. ( I do like the 7 spoke model nsmitchell has though.)

Get the power package and buy aftermarket alloys. For the price differential you can choose from a number of nicer looking wheels.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
I have the power pkg with the factory alloys, but I bought the car with hub caps and purchased the factory alloys w/tires on ebay from a wheel dist. brand new. He received them as a trade. There are alot more sedans with the factory alloys than there are liftbacks. Put up a want to buy in the classified sect. and maybe a sedan owner looking to change his rims will bite.
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #9
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
well i don't have the PP but when i bought my car they had 18" chromed 5 spoke motegi wheels on them.

they wanted to add 1800 on top of the price for me to take it home, i laughed and asked them to put steelies on. Seriously just cause i'm young and asian looking doesn't mean i want to buy a car to drift race or w/e.
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
LB's with the alloy wheel PP are a special order here in my region, but i have definitely seen at least 4 of them around. i agree with other posters that the sedans seem to carry this 5-spoke wheel more than the LB's. on our LB, we got the optional 7-spoke toyota alloys. the dealership gave them to us at cost, running 90 per wheel. they just swapped out the oem 15" tires, so there was no extra charge for those. we liked this wheel better since it had a lower offset than the 5-spoke alloy, giving the LB a wider stance. but if you really want the 5-spoke wheel, check buyatoyota.com and see whether your region offers it as an option. otherwise, its special order time...

--B
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #11
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
The week after I purchased mine the dealer had another BB, LB with power, spoiler and alloys on the lot. It is the only one I have seen.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #12
REM

Drives: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL
I assume the power package allows you to lock and unlock the hatch from the driver's seat/key fob. That is one of my biggest gripes with this car; I hate having to lock and unlock the hatch with my key every time.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #13
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Yes it does.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote