Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Are there any car rental places that have the Yari LB?

I would really like to rent one for a day so I can really find out how the car drives (without a sales person sitting next to me distracting me). I have test driven one, but a test drive is really too small of sample to REALLY find out what a car is like. What rental companies have the LB, if any?
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
if you can't find one, why not try and meet up with a fellow member near you, maybe you could trade cars for a day, or something like that

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Yeah grampi, I'll let you tear mine to shit if you come out by me.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
A local Toyota dealer let me drive the car all day! I signed a "borrowed car agreement", salesman made a copy of my driver's licence and insurance card, then gave me the keys and said see you later.

I did some shopping in the morning, picked my wife up for lunch, drove the car home after lunch and checked it out from top to bottom, then took a long drive up and down the freeway before returning it in the afternoon. I didn't even have to pay for the gas!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
HAHA the sales man asked me if i wanted to do that too...but with my luck i woulda crashed it or sumthin!!
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Yeah grampi, I'll let you tear mine to shit if you come out by me.
Where are you in Ohio? I'm in Dayton.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona54 View Post
A local Toyota dealer let me drive the car all day! I signed a "borrowed car agreement", salesman made a copy of my driver's licence and insurance card, then gave me the keys and said see you later.

I did some shopping in the morning, picked my wife up for lunch, drove the car home after lunch and checked it out from top to bottom, then took a long drive up and down the freeway before returning it in the afternoon. I didn't even have to pay for the gas!
I will check with the dealership where I did my test drive to find out if they'll let me do that.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #8
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I will check with the dealership where I did my test drive to find out if they'll let me do that.
Call the GSM (General Sales Manager) at your local dealer. He's the honcho in charge off all new car sales and will probably be more than happy to work with you.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I'm in Hudson, pretty much dead inbetween Akron and Cleveland.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
enterprise and budget in canada have the hatchback and sedan, the only problem is that you will only get an auto transmission.

i assume rental companies in the u.s. also have them, but knowing your country's love of the large, they might not have them in the same numbers we do here.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
I've seen someone rate the yaris after getting it as a rental. so it's out there somewhere. You can probably search different car rental places' inventory online. the wonders of the internet.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote