Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2022, 12:32 PM   #1
VHjykfUuYu
I've made a post!

Drives: Bus
1'st gen TS rear strut brace dimensions

Hi,

I'm out of my element because don't have a Yaris and I probably won't, but I've sent my friend one facebook marketplace offer and he's bought it.

Now I'd like to make him a rear strut brace, to mount a 4-point harness. The ones available on the market are quite flimsy and they'd put too much bending stress on the shock absorber threads. I'd like to build one from a rollcage specific tube (40x2) and prefferably make the mount sit on the steel ring outside the shock absorber mount.

Unfortunately as I don't have a Yaris and I want it to be a surprise, I can't just go to his place and be like "Oi! Mate! Let me measure your rear struts for no specific reason!"

Could one of you kindly provide me with a couple of dimensions required to make it?

I'd need the:
- shock absorber top thread diameter,
- shock absorber top washer/bushing outside diameter,
- strut tower flange height
- distance between two shock absorbers.

DWG.jpg
VHjykfUuYu is offline   Reply With Quote