Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
plmille2

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris 3dr
Starting New Mods on an Old Yaris - Need inputs for the blank slate!

Hey all!
First off, let me say I love this site. I've been drooling over it for three days now, but I want some input on what I can do with my car. What do you all think?

I bought my Yaris brand new in 2008, it's got 55,000 miles on it, and instead of going out and purchasing a different car, I'm keeping my Yaris and adding modifications to make it look different than all the other ones in my city (i've yet to see a Yaris with it's own personality here). I just got the windows tinted so that's my first step! It came stock with the fog lights, but it's a base 3dr hatch.

I'm a super fan of making it look sporty. I call it my CUV (compact utility vehicle) as I'm always dragging it to the beach or to my gigs (perfect vehicle for a drum set)! I'm trying to track down a roof rack and I intend on adding a fairing. I'm going to try the Home Depot lip this weekend and remove my rear badges (possibly try to paint the toyota badge flat black).

Any ideas for the blank slate? Thanks err'body!

Pryscila
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(1).JPG (493.2 KB, 173 views)
plmille2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
TPA5
Wait, what?

Drives: NULL
Rims and lower it, that makes an insane difference. HID's also look sick, your hood could look pretty cool in black; you could vinyl it if you were worried about taking it off later. Eyelids look great, and of course if you really wanted to go crazy new tail-lights would look good. If you really wanted you could also paint your grille, I did on mine. Could also paint the engine cover for something unique as well.

Exhaust and intake would help with the sound and give it a little bit of pep, and an intake would pretty up the engine bay.

Just some ideas; but man that is already a clean Yaris! I love white.
TPA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
Wide Body Kit,Wide Wheels,Shave Door Handles,Six(6) Exaust Tips,
Suicide Doors.
OR
Slam It,Fender Skirts,Wide Whites,Continental Kit,Flame Throwers,(I have done this).
OR
(Red Neck Way) Mailbox Hood Scoup,Rain Spout Side Pipes,(I have done this).
OR
Mount a toaster on the hood and have the toast pop up every time you come to a stop,(I have done this).

Last edited by 12 yaris; 05-23-2012 at 10:46 PM.
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
TPA5
Wait, what?

Drives: NULL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 yaris View Post
Wide Body Kit,Wide Wheels,Shave Door Handles,Six(6) Exaust Tips,
Suicide Doors.
OR
Slam It,Fender Skirts,Wide Whites,Continental Kit,Flame Throwers,(I have done this).
OR
(Red Neck Way) Mailbox Hood Scoup,Rain Spout Side Pipes,(I have done this).
OR
Mount a toaster on the hood and have the toast pop up every time you come to a stop,(I have done this).
TPA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
12 yaris

This was before there even was web sites,ebay,craigslist,
I wish I still had some pics of the cars I restored and or modified.
The toaster really got alot of laughs, when we cruised the circut in York,I used to carry butter with me.
My god all this was over 25 years ago.I don't remember,but I'm sure I had a good time.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
you have a good color to start !! it depends on how much moolah you want to spend, but you can always start with lowering the car and add a nicer looking wheels. lowering springs is a good start, but I prefer a coilover. For the rims, stay with the one you like or love, since different ppl has different taste...it can start from a couple benjis to a lot of benjis ..lol

contact Garm or jeff at microimageonline or Ryan 330H for a wheels deal .
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vten View Post
contact Garm or jeff at microimageonline or Ryan 330H for a wheels deal .
Thanks for the spot Tan!

I would say wheels and lowering springs are the first two things you should do - definitely make the most dramatic change appearance-wise, and upgrading the Yaris suspension is very rewarding.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
I agree with the suggestion to get in contact with Ryan and Garm. These cars aren't about speed and (with very few exceptions *Garm glare*) never will be, so cosmetics and handling are the easiest way to go to build a personality.

You literally have a blank white canvas that you can do anything with. Springs will help the stance and the handling, wheels will help with looks and good tires will further improve handling. Garm also stocks a lot of exterior and interior improvements, some that the car should've come with stock like the center armrest. Happy modding!

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
12 yaris

You could incorporate some of your hobbies or intrests in the mods also,
it doesn't have to be what everybody else has(no pun intended).
Imagination is key.