Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
Thumbs up Thanks Chris07LB

Thanks for replying again! It lets me feel better about your confidence! I will flip them soon I hope. It is a good thread for the next person to do it right. But they are probally smarter than me and my buddy and think were stupid. Like I said we thought it was wrong and had them right but the instructions seemed to want them in that way. I misread it or something. Even my buddy was like that sure is weird must be these TRD springs or something. Thanks for your Chris07LB!
We will uninstall them a 3rd time and put them in a 3rd time. 20mins max.
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #20
Go4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Good call Chris.
Dude, take off that laughing smiley.. I am already embarrassed enough! lol j/k..

I am embarrassed 4realdo
Old 02-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #21
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Haha, I'm not laughing at you buddy, I'm laughing with you.

Wanna go tit-for-tat on stupid things we've done to our cars? I'll win.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #22
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
I want a spoiler the only option at my dealership is a lip spoiler, I hate that spoiler! I want off the car spoiler w/light bar. It has been on my list of things to do since the car was purchased. Waiting to find "THE ONE".

See my garage.

but, why do i see so many US S sedans with THE SPOILER like mine??

IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #23
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Thanks for replying again! It lets me feel better about your confidence! I will flip them soon I hope. It is a good thread for the next person to do it right. But they are probally smarter than me and my buddy and think were stupid. Like I said we thought it was wrong and had them right but the instructions seemed to want them in that way. I misread it or something. Even my buddy was like that sure is weird must be these TRD springs or something. Thanks for your Chris07LB!
We will uninstall them a 3rd time and put them in a 3rd time. 20mins max.
No worries, shit happends.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:29 PM   #24
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
The car looks more accord now. Thats a compliment. It looks more exspensive. The wheels mut be boat anchors though. But i understand the look you are going for. Nice looking sedan

The influence of peers on individual behavior illustrates the seductive power of conformity

And, I don't mind at all being looked down upon by purists. Indeed I don't mind at all being looked down upon by those whom I do not look up to at
magoo_lc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #25
Go4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
The car looks more accord now. Thats a compliment. It looks more exspensive. The wheels mut be boat anchors though. But i understand the look you are going for. Nice looking sedan

lol.. I am going to weigh my wheel and tire I have on it with the same scale I weighed my factory wheels and we will see. 33.5 lbs for the factory wheel on my scale in the bathroom. That wheel feels heavier than what i have now. They are not Konig lightweight wheels but none of the Konigs are really that heavy..
I also did not notice that much weight difference when I put the new wheels on. I am sure there is some though, hopefully under 4lbs...
Old 02-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #26
Go4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
but, why do i see so many US S sedans with THE SPOILER like mine??
I dont know.. I am thinking right now they might be throwing the corolla spoiler on them. i saw one at the dealership (a corolla) and it had a spolier and it looks the same..
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #27
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
It’s all about personal taste I guess. I don’t think the lip spoiler is ugly; it's just not me...

1st most noticeable thing to me is the 35’s profile tires, it’s a bit louder and rougher and that’s to be expected. The ride was stiffer and much better with that tire! No more swaying in the wind with the big tractor trailers on the highway!

2nd most noticeable change was the AEM cold air intake. This is no race car or mustang but the difference I felt in the performance was night and day!

3rd noticeable thing to me is looks… The wheels and tint made the car look like a different car… The drop sets those two things off just right!

4th comes the Megan header… Again this is not a race car or mustang but the performance after the header went on from mid-high to high rpm is really nice!

5th the springs a sway bar… We’ll being that its been only one day and I have been mostly on the interstate and the few times I have been on a curvy road to even give it a little test I was behind a pokey and every opportunity to pass came a car from the other direction (funny how it always works out like that) but I can feel the stiffer performance just waiting for me to give it a go!

I’ve said it once and ill say it again… its no race car or mustang but these changes has made this car awesome! It’s not a little ole Yaris any more… In all I say this car has made a total 180 in looks and performance!

If I bought another one I would change it in that order too!

Now I am saving and waiting on a Super Charger, spoiler and a custom paint job (nothing too major or flashy). I think then I will be done.
2 things.

I like your Yaris, you did well.

You are nuts to even consider putting that much money into a Yaris, come on, a new paintjob? Are you nuts?! You'll have like 25 grand into a econocar, when you could've just bought a used EVO instead..
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #28
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
lol.. I am going to weigh my wheel and tire I have on it with the same scale I weighed my factory wheels and we will see. 33.5 lbs for the factory wheel on my scale in the bathroom. That wheel feels heavier than what i have now. They are not Konig lightweight wheels but none of the Konigs are really that heavy..
I also did not notice that much weight difference when I put the new wheels on. I am sure there is some though, hopefully under 4lbs...
Your 18's will be MUCH heavier than only 4 lbs more. Those tires alone are about 4lbs each heavier than the stock 15's, and those 18's are at least 22lbs each. I'd guess you added 45lbs of unsprung weight total to that car. Completely negating the benefits of those "bolt on" mods. Your car would be faster stock. Funny how sound makes us think our cars as faster than they really are. Intakes have a funny way of making us "think" we're faster when it's just louder...think ricers with fart pipes revving all over town.

EDIT: Don't take the above the wrong way. I think the huge wheels, drop, tint, stereo, paintjob, etc, if done tastefully like you've done are nice. Just don't come in telling us a turd 1.5 liter gained 'noticeable' amounts of power from a lame header/intake combo. That 5hp you picked up total is washed away by oversized wheels for what the car needs. In a car like the Yaris, do it for total performance (and by being smart, this perf upgrade can look great too with tasteful light 16" wheels), or do it for looks like you've done. I feel like you're trying to do 2 things at once, and not being smart about it. Shoot, even a lightweight 17" wheel combo would make a huge difference.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #29
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
What are you going to paint it Go4th? Can I have your flint mica paint when you're done? Just peel it off in a big sheet and mail it to me.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #30
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Your 18's will be MUCH heavier than only 4 lbs more. Those tires alone are about 4lbs each heavier than the stock 15's, and those 18's are at least 22lbs each. I'd guess you added 45lbs of unsprung weight total to that car. Completely negating the benefits of those "bolt on" mods. Your car would be faster stock. Funny how sound makes us think our cars as faster than they really are. Intakes have a funny way of making us "think" we're faster when it's just louder...think ricers with fart pipes revving all over town.

EDIT: Don't take the above the wrong way. I think the huge wheels, drop, tint, stereo, paintjob, etc, if done tastefully like you've done are nice. Just don't come in telling us a turd 1.5 liter gained 'noticeable' amounts of power from a lame header/intake combo. That 5hp you picked up total is washed away by oversized wheels for what the car needs. In a car like the Yaris, do it for total performance (and by being smart, this perf upgrade can look great too with tasteful light 16" wheels), or do it for looks like you've done. I feel like you're trying to do 2 things at once, and not being smart about it. Shoot, even a lightweight 17" wheel combo would make a huge difference.
This is almost the same way I feel about what I've done with my car so far.

I changed the wheels to 17" (17lbs each wheel, do not know what the weight is with tires), added a strut tower bar, stereo equipment up the yin-yang, and I still need to do the sound deadening. I've probably added at least another 75lbs to my car from the above. Now I really wonder what effect this extra weight has on my performance oriented addons - Intake, Exhaust, Lowering Springs.

I'll be lucky if the weight and extra power cancel eachother out
Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #31
Go4th

On a real note Nimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Your 18's will be MUCH heavier than only 4 lbs more. Just don't come in telling us a turd 1.5 liter gained 'noticeable' amounts of power from a lame header/intake combo. Completely negating the benefits of those "bolt on" mods.
Who ever said I did not add the header/intake to make up for my 9.22lbs per corner gain?
Each comment was based on its individual performance for Kaotic Lazagna request.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #32
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Who ever said I did not add the header/intake to make up for my 9.22lbs per corner gain?
Each comment was based on its individual performance for Kaotic Lazagna request.
I see. I'm not hating. Just saying I'd think it smarter to do one or the other. Performance vs looks....in general.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #33
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
hahaha I'm stuck in this quandary as well... I want to make my car look really good, but on the other hand I also do want it to be fast and handling well. I love my 18" rims, but I'm increasingly wanting to swap them out for some lighter 17" or even 16" and gain back some lost acceleration. I have a nice strong thick wood shelf at the back for my subwoofer, gives nice thumping bass, but damn it is heavy...

What to do? Get another Yaris and build one for show, one for go?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:35 PM   #34
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Great upgrades! The car looks very tasteful.

Those wheels are doing more to hurt performance than your power mods are gaining you though. Not trying to pick a fight, it just is what it is.

Even if you had 18s that were the same weight as 15s, the 15s would still give better performance because the bulk of the weight is more centralized. It is just simple physics.

With everything you have done, the overall gain is very positive. The car handles better, runs better and looks great. Good job.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:47 AM   #35
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Yeah Chino... I know what you’re saying.

Good thing you did not say the “tit-for-tat” thing to Nimble because she would have heard the “GET IT ON” bells for the world heavy weight championship bout to start. LOL.
But according to this gal Nimble every thing I did to my car is stupid and my future ideas.
Does she not read well enough, or is it comprehension problems, to notice I agree with magoo_lc1 about the heavier wheels, and I decided to find out just how much more weight I added?
And did she just totally skip over the three times I said “it's no race car or mustang"?

You’re a funny girl Nimble.
Just read this post. I lied, I am hating. But this "girl" might not want to be talked to like that. Unless, 6'3" 235lb girls are the types you like to talk shit to. Re-read my posts, I complemented your car like 3 times. I was just correcting you in a few areas, well, simply because I'm smarter than you. Tis the way the world works. Maybe Karma will play you a better hand next life....I'll be waiting.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #36
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Nimble you may or may not understand the title when your done reading.

See what I am saying. Ding,Ding,Ding... You wanna fight... LOL. Reread post 31. I predicted the future!
I don’t think you can count niceness with only 15 words amongst 2 posts and one edit with approximately 253 words of cut downs. “I like your Yaris, you did well." and "if done tastefully like you've done are nice."
This is the reason I thought you were a girl. The only people I really ever see rant on and on like you did are girls.
My apologies if you aren’t.
You’re arguing with your self.
Like I said this is no race car or mustang (sixth time I have had to tell you this).

Let me try to explain it better for you since you have no humor or reading and comprehension skills.

Even if I ran out and got the lightest wheels ever which is what you think I should have done, because you’re “smarter”, this car WOULD STILL NOT BEAT ANYTHING on the road just as it wont with the things I have done.

Here is the comprehension part of it. THIS IS A YARIS, A TOYOTA YARIS, not a mustang or a race car, A YARIS.

So you just go-ahead and put your lightweight 16’s on and “perf modifications” that you say I should have only done to mine on your car. Then go out there and still be slower than every other car even though you did your “perf modifications” the “smarter” way. Enjoy your little spanking you put on the occasional other Yaris you come across.

And then I will post a nice comment about how your car looks and agree that you can beat me in my car because of the 9.22lbs on each corner of weight I added. No wait a minute you said you’re a “6'3" 235lb girl” and if I weigh in at 185 that’s 50lbs to the good for me less the weight of my rims 36.88, that puts me at about 13.12lbs to the good so I would beat you in the car race. But in the physical bout you brought up you would probably win if its all about weight. But there is that factor if you fight like a girl.

I hope you take all this as a joke. If you don’t then enjoy your little adrenalin rush you are having right now!
Did you just say something? I ask because most "jesters" like yourself get off on making fun of others and at the end saying "haha J/K, J/K, J/K like little faggots."

You tell me if it's just weight, or if I'll "fight like a girl."

Monday's workout.

Incline Bench Press, 2 plates for 10 (that's 225lbs for a skinny guy like you)
Seated DB Military Press 80 lb DB's (yes one in EA hand) for 10
110lb BB Curls
Not to mention the 440lb DL I pulled a month ago.

You can "jest" all you want, but a 26 yr old ex bodybuilder/powerlifter with 18" arms won't take shit off you like all the other people you joke with at the expense of.

And finally, I don't race the Yaris, I however, do have class and a little thing called TASTE! It's what will get me 5 more mpg than you, have longer lasting suspension components, actually be able to stop when I hit the brakes (you see ole insane one, unsprung weight hurts performance x4 to sprung weight). Keep fighting the good fight though, that ricer paintjob on a Y_A_R_I_S sure will make that econobox "POP!"

Keep saying all you want that it's "just a Yaris" because all you are doing is agreeing with me. Are you mental? I ask because since it's "just a Yaris" why the hell are you putting 5 grand in mods?! You might want to try a debate class. You see, that's the class where they teach your arguments to ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE!

In sum, since you cannot read or make any comprehensive thoughts, I'm better than you, and most certainly my Yarrari is too. Remember though, that Karma thing is a nice thought to bank on....maybe you'll be a cat in a mansion next life.