Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
YarisMK3ISR

Drives: Toyota Yaris MK3 BlackTop
Pillar Window Stickers MK3

Hello guys, im searching for Pillar Window stickars in Black Gloss / Matte color

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Blac...4e38%7Ciid%3A1

Like this but not Carbon :)
YarisMK3ISR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisMK3ISR View Post
Hello guys, im searching for Pillar Window stickars in Black Gloss / Matte color

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Blac...4e38%7Ciid%3A1

Like this but not Carbon :)
Welcome! Most of these stickers seem to be of a carbon fiber simulated type. You could paint the pillars in a gloss or matte black, I suppose. It wouldn't be too hard to mask off the rest of the car. If you did so, I would recommend a clear coat and once cured, a wax or other UV protective application. SprayMax 2K clearcoat offers OEM quality protection, but you would have to determine if the base paint could be layered with an actual 2K product.

Another option might be to visit or contact a vehicle wrapping business. I'm sure they would have glossy black or matte black vinyl. I can't imagine it being terribly expensive to do those small areas.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:19 PM   #3
YarisMK3ISR

Drives: Toyota Yaris MK3 BlackTop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Welcome! Most of these stickers seem to be of a carbon fiber simulated type. You could paint the pillars in a gloss or matte black, I suppose. It wouldn't be too hard to mask off the rest of the car. If you did so, I would recommend a clear coat and once cured, a wax or other UV protective application. SprayMax 2K clearcoat offers OEM quality protection, but you would have to determine if the base paint could be layered with an actual 2K product.

Another option might be to visit or contact a vehicle wrapping business. I'm sure they would have glossy black or matte black vinyl. I can't imagine it being terribly expensive to do those small areas.
Thank you for the reply!, ohh i see alright thank you :)
YarisMK3ISR is offline   Reply With Quote