Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2020, 06:55 PM   #55
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
So happy to hear about the improvement. Lower or not, it looks superb with the last adjustment you made. I'd personally go for a little more, but it's win-win either way.
Thanks Ernie. I do want to go a touch lower. Interestingly, I am at the lowest setting in the back. I did however use the rubber spring pad from the OE set up. I bolted the HSD spring retainer on top of it. The rubber pad is about 1/4" thick when compressed, I expect. I think if I remove the rubber spring pad and take out the locking ring from the HSD spring retainer, I could get another 1/2" to 3/4". If I remove the spring perch and locking ring, and set the springs right down on the bottom of the spring retainer, I could probably get a whole inch. I may yet do all of the stated. The front has at least another 1/2 drop capability. After that and I'd be running into the end link bracket on the damper.

I'm not sure of the appropriate terms in my explanation above, so here's a labeled pic of what I call the parts:

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #56
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Thanks Ernie. I do want to go a touch lower. Interestingly, I am at the lowest setting in the back. I did however use the rubber spring pad from the OE set up. I bolted the HSD spring retainer on top of it. The rubber pad is about 1/4" thick when compressed, I expect. I think if I remove the rubber spring pad and take out the locking ring from the HSD spring retainer, I could get another 1/2" to 3/4". If I remove the spring perch and locking ring, and set the springs right down on the bottom of the spring retainer, I could probably get a whole inch. I may yet do all of the stated. The front has at least another 1/2 drop capability. After that and I'd be running into the end link bracket on the damper.

I'm not sure of the appropriate terms in my explanation above, so here's a labeled pic of what I call the parts:

From what you describe, it doesn't sound like that would impact their performance at all, right? The spring sitting down on the retainer is how it comes from the factory. If you're looking for some extra low, sounds like a good way to do it.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:55 AM   #57
06YarisRS

Quote:
From what you describe, it doesn't sound like that would impact their performance at all, right? The spring sitting down on the retainer is how it comes from the factory. If you're looking for some extra low, sounds like a good way to do it.
Yep. Shouldn't affect performance. As soon as I'm done with my liftgate, the car's getting jacked up and the rings removed. I'll drop the front maybe another 1/2" too. After all, I'm going to a car show (Stance East) in Moncton, NB on Saturday. Not a big fan of super dropped cars or crazy camber, but it should be a fun show nonetheless.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 07-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #58
ern-diz

Quote:
Yep. Shouldn't affect performance. As soon as I'm done with my liftgate, the car's getting jacked up and the rings removed. I'll drop the front maybe another 1/2" too. After all, I'm going to a car show (Stance East) in Moncton, NB on Saturday. Not a big fan of super dropped cars or crazy camber, but it should be a fun show nonetheless.
I'm with you there. Fun to connect with people in all aspects of car culture, even if it's not my cup of tea.

On Wheelwell
Old 07-30-2020, 07:00 PM   #59
06YarisRS

Quote:
I'm with you there. Fun to connect with people in all aspects of car culture, even if it's not my cup of tea.
For sure. I was cruising out of Saint John yesterday and was passed by a right hand drive Supra Turbo. I'm guessing around a 2006. The car looked very tastefully 'stanced'. I'm so hoping that the car is going to be at the show on Saturday.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 07-30-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:19 PM   #60
ern-diz

Quote:
For sure. I was cruising out of Saint John yesterday and was passed by a right hand drive Supra Turbo. I'm guessing around a 2006. The car looked very tastefully 'stanced'. I so hoping that the car is going to be at the show on Saturday.
Fingers crossed! I'm hoping for one of your usually detailed posts --but in the photo section, after the meet!

On Wheelwell
Old 07-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #61
06YarisRS

Quote:
Fingers crossed! I'm hoping for one of your usually detailed posts --but in the photo section, after the meet!
Absoultely, Ernie. I'll take lots of pics.