Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Anakha56

Drives: Yaris 2012 XS
Irritating Door Noise

Greetings All!

So I hail from South Africa more specifically Durban where humidity is king. I am a "new" 2012 Yaris Owner and not a proud one at that. I bought the car in December and boy did it come with a bucket load of issues:
  1. Windshield guard on the bottom right would not clip in place.
  2. Rust on the main windscreen wiper holder.
  3. Rust on the rear door panel area.
  4. A hole in the rubber by the small window on the driver side door.

Those problems have since been resolved and only one is now outstanding. The door panel noise also just for clarity sake this is the new aggressive styling Yaris not the bubble Yaris :). Onto the noise, the roads in my area are not smooth and are quite uneven so I can hear this noise on the door panel that sounds like something rubbing up against something else. If I apply pressure to the door the noise goes away as soon as I stop the pressure it comes back. Now I have been to the dealership countless times to get this issue and the others sorted out and so far this is the only one left. My biggest problem is that my hearing is pretty good to the point where I can hear this noise and the mechanics can't so if they can't hear it they can't fix it. :/

Now I think I have found what is causing the issue and I am hoping that this forum could hopefully provide a answer to a possible fix and to confirm if the door panel is meant to have the gap. When you open your door take a look at the point where the panel should meet up with door itself, there is a small gap at the top right corner and I think it is this gap that is causing me a issue. Considering all my other problems I am wondering if this is a manufacturer issue so if someone could confirm if they have it that would be awesome. A possible fix is either a soft spongy rubber or a felt fabric in the gap. Any idea's? I will post a picture showing the gap when I have more daylight currently it is pretty dark outside @ 03:10AM :).

Also can anyone confirm for me if there is a genuine Toyota bolt-on turbo for this car? It would really help me out due to the hills I have to climb on the drive home...

*edit*

To be precise on the model is the Yaris 2012 1.3 XS version 3 door. Has the 6 speed gear box and automatic windows if that helps.

Last edited by Anakha56; 04-12-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Extra info.
Anakha56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakha56 View Post
Greetings All!

So I hail from South Africa more specifically Durban where humidity is king. I am a "new" 2012 Yaris Owner and not a proud one at that. I bought the car in December and boy did it come with a bucket load of issues:
  1. Windshield guard on the bottom right would not clip in place.
  2. Rust on the main windscreen wiper holder.
  3. Rust on the rear door panel area.
  4. A hole in the rubber by the small window on the driver side door.

Those problems have since been resolved and only one is now outstanding. The door panel noise also just for clarity sake this is the new aggressive styling Yaris not the bubble Yaris :). Onto the noise, the roads in my area are not smooth and are quite uneven so I can hear this noise on the door panel that sounds like something rubbing up against something else. If I apply pressure to the door the noise goes away as soon as I stop the pressure it comes back. Now I have been to the dealership countless times to get this issue and the others sorted out and so far this is the only one left. My biggest problem is that my hearing is pretty good to the point where I can hear this noise and the mechanics can't so if they can't hear it they can't fix it. :/

Now I think I have found what is causing the issue and I am hoping that this forum could hopefully provide a answer to a possible fix and to confirm if the door panel is meant to have the gap. When you open your door take a look at the point where the panel should meet up with door itself, there is a small gap at the top right corner and I think it is this gap that is causing me a issue. Considering all my other problems I am wondering if this is a manufacturer issue so if someone could confirm if they have it that would be awesome. A possible fix is either a soft spongy rubber or a felt fabric in the gap. Any idea's? I will post a picture showing the gap when I have more daylight currently it is pretty dark outside @ 03:10AM :).

Also can anyone confirm for me if there is a genuine Toyota bolt-on turbo for this car? It would really help me out due to the hills I have to climb on the drive home...

*edit*

To be precise on the model is the Yaris 2012 1.3 XS version 3 door. Has the 6 speed gear box and automatic windows if that helps.
Just out of curiosity, where was your Yaris assembled?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote