Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
It is the camshaft timing oil control valve assembly. part# 11101J According to toyodiy.com it's $103.72 But I think I can get it from a local salvage yard for a lot cheaper... any ways now I know what it is and where I can get i... Thank you so much for your help, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!
phew, luckily you didn't take it for a spin......a camshaft timing oil control valve........not too familar but if you actually drove it, the engine might not be in good shape.

anyway, best of luck and hopefully everything is ok. but honestly, if you are not too familar reinstalling this part, get professional help!
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawesh View Post
phew, luckily you didn't take it for a spin......a camshaft timing oil control valve........not too familar but if you actually drove it, the engine might not be in good shape.

anyway, best of luck and hopefully everything is ok. but honestly, if you are not too familar reinstalling this part, get professional help!
actually it's my DD and I had to drive it.. It doesn't seem to be doing too bad.. as far as installing it its about as simple as a spark plug...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote