Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
yaris prime
Yes- I fit in it.

Drives: 2007 Yaris liftback, MT
Valet 712t not working

Installed the window kit, power locks and keyless, all bought from A1 a couple of weeks ago. Today, my keyless decided to stop working. All the fuses and connections seem to be fine and the central locking is still working (power to the locks). No unlock/ lock via the remotes, no light in the little red led, and valet switch no longer seems to do anything.

I noticed that, in the instructions, it says not to ground it with any other electrical components from the car. I did use the ground under the kick panel, as I could not see any difference (electrically) from using the existing factory ground or grounding it with a new ground right near the factory ground. I also recently changed the programming via the valet switch to turn off the automatic locking and unlocking when the car is started/ turned off, but it was working fine after that for a few days.

Anybody have a similar experience- bad unit, etc.?
I have emailed A1, but have not heard back from them yet, and the manufacturer's website does not seem to be of any help. I did not look at the unit itself, as I have it zip-tied in place, but are there fuses inside the actual unit? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The kick panel ground is fine.

Did you per chance check the battery in the remote? I had a DEI remote starter that had a bad remote, which would kill a battery in less than a month.

Unplug the 18 pin connector an make sure that from pin 1 (red) to pin 11 (black) you see 12V.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
yaris prime
Yes- I fit in it.

Drives: 2007 Yaris liftback, MT
I will check. Thank you.