Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > New England
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
kendramwarwick35

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris sedan
Unhappy 2007yaris Power Steering went while driving /battery connection issues

Hello!! Im new to this page so Thank you for having it!! I LOVE my yaris. its a 2007, manual sedan. Im the second iwner. Recently, while driving, I hit a INFAMOUS new England pothole and the power steering went out, and then it started to act like it wasn't getting gas, even when I down shifted. My yaris doesn't have a power steering pump or fluid as its electrical. I checked my fuses and my battery connection. Also, if I turn the car off, then turn it back on, the power steering comes back. Sometimes it stays with no issues for days but just yesterday it kept going out over and over again. I was losing power and it wouldn't turn over so I popped the clutch like I used to do in my vw bug. When I did this, the pwr steering still didn't return and I barely made it home. I luckily had another battery and jumper cables to restart correctly. So i checked out the battery connection, they are good, the fuses at the battery where the wires go are all good too. im convinced its an issue with the connection of the battery itself to the car. I am the second owner of this car and the previous owner had it all super up as a racing vehicle but when he decided to sell it evidently he took all the special stuff off and tried to return it as close to factory as possible. Im worries that this has something to do with the problem. Thank you for reading my post. And any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
kendramwarwick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Please only post one thread per issue. Having multiple threads makes it harder to keep track of solutions.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery connection, fuses, power loss, power steering