Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Anyone get any good 09 LB, Manual, CP, deals?

I'm VERY close to getting a Yaris, and I want a very specific model:

2009, White, 3 door LB, Manual, Convenience pkg only (mainly for heavy duty starter/alternator). $13,715 msrp for it.

Anyone buy one similar recently and get a good deal? I LOVE haggling and I consider myself pretty good at it, I just want to go to them with some other peoples deals on paper so I have ammunition.

The dealer showed me they are doing $750 off or 2.9 financing, which I heard can turn into $1000-1500 off if you're good. I should also be able to secure a good rate without the TFS deal (and I plan on paying the car off quickly anyway).

If you don't want to post your deal here and you're willing to PM it to me I'd really appreciate it! Thanks for your time everyone, this looks like a great forum!
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
We post our "deals" quite frequently here; check archives.

Me: 2008, new (never used) bought at the end of 2008 automatic 3-door with convenience, all-weather, and mats; $500 rebate; $13,700 out the door price.
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
schleppy
I love momentum.

Thanks!

Anyone else close any deals VERY recently. I have a feeling I'll get the most from them if they know they are deals on 09 Yarii
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Best way is to start emailing dealers with your specific request and see what they can offer. Since you know exactly what you want comparing should be easy. Then start with the negotiating and playing one against the other until you get the best price. Make sure they understand you are willing to drive a ways to get the best deal.

Good luck, we all love these little cars.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
schleppy
I love momentum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousPups4U View Post
Best way is to start emailing dealers with your specific request and see what they can offer. Since you know exactly what you want comparing should be easy. Then start with the negotiating and playing one against the other until you get the best price. Make sure they understand you are willing to drive a ways to get the best deal.

Good luck, we all love these little cars.
That's the plan. I did that with my girlfriend's xB and it worked out very nicely.

I still need to find a dealer with a manual liftback in stock that I can drive. I drove one a few months back (I wasn't crazy about it) but I really need to go on a longer drive to get a better feel for it.

My only gripers were the steering feel and the vagueness of the shifter. Both of which I've found are curable with parts (rear sway, better wheels/tires, shifter bushings).

Anyone else?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
I'm in a different region from where you are at, but I'll still post what deal I got since they are similarly equipped. Four week ago I bought a 2009 Yaris LB with a five-speed manual transmission equipped with the Power Package (next package after the convince package in my region). I got it for $1,300 below the sticker price.

Hope this helps schleppy and good luck with your purchase.
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
schleppy
I love momentum.

Definitely! Thanks a lot