Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
Stoln

Drives: 2007 5 Door Hatch
An Interesting Discovery (Part Deux)

We had a thread regarding the push button start, but it has dissapeared. I am wondering why? We had six people interested in the part for the dash for the button to go into. I have been talking to CTScott and he is willing to do a group buy but not at this moment. I cannot remember who six are but I will try these:

1. Stoln
2. Altitude
3. MGargano

Now I am not sure of the other 2. Please post if you are the other two and lets get more going so shipping is super cheap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Push%20Start%20Base.jpg (81.9 KB, 465 views)

Last edited by echo_hrs; 09-11-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Stoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoln View Post
We had a thread regarding the push button start, but it has dissapeared. I am wondering why? We had six people interested in the part for the dash for the button to go into. I have been talking to CTScott and he is willing to do a group buy but not at this moment. I cannot remember who six are but I will try these:

1. Stoln
2. Altitude
3. MGargano

Now I am not sure of the other 2. Please post if you are the other two and lets get more going so shipping is super cheap.
Well I'm definitely still in!
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
bigbang

Drives: Yaris sedan 2009
wil it fit sedan
bigbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
the NA sedan also have the push start button HOLE.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Stoln

OK, CTScott is there a piece for the dash for the sedan, there seem to be sedan owners wanting this part. Can you check for us.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
Stoln

Can someone with a sedan please post a pic of the spot for push button start. CTScott has parts manuals and is gracious enough to look things up for us, we just need to make is easier for him.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
Stoln

Push button start for sedan is available in the Asian market, CTScott does not have the parts manual for the asian market so you will have to inquire with our Asian market Yari owners here.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
I think I made some serious headway in the Euro trim piece (55446-0D010-B0). I contacted Chris at cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk (chris@cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk) and got an almost immediate response.

The price for the trim piece, including shipping to the US is £21- about $32. In the email, he included a blown-up pic of the EPC with the correct piece (with the hole) highlighted for clarification, since I was hesitant at first.
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
If you could come up with a kit (trim piece, button, plug and play wiring). I'd pay for it.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
If you could come up with a kit (trim piece, button, plug and play wiring). I'd pay for it.
If you check out this thread from MI, it's all there. I developed an interface module to make the PTS switch be able to start and stop the engine. The switches are readily available either from eBay, or from Toyota (the Avalon, Camry Hybrid, and Lexus switches work for us). The wiring can't be 100% plug and play, due to requiring you to cut two wires on the ignition switch connector and insert the module in between.

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...make-work.html
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
+1 on CTScott's PTS module.

A bunch of members on the MI forums have it installed, I just installed mine the other day and it's very simple to connect the module to the car, the real effort lies in connecting the module with the PTS switch. (Which isn't even really that bad IMO, less effort than a few other mods on our cars)

Now that we have a source for the Euro trim piece it'll be easier to do for hatches. For sedans you could probably do what a few of us are doing right now, which is make a hole for the switch which is just a few millimeters smaller and allow the plastic to deform slightly around the switch, holding it snugly in place. (At least until a source is tracked down for the OEM piece)

That's what I did for now until we get the OEM pieces in, but it still looks OEM/good.

Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
I was going to do this, but don't think I will anymore. I have one of the red TRD switches (exactly like the one in Gideon's pic) if anyone is interested just let me know. $160.00 shipped in the US.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote